With a Pack, Highly efficient, and the norm in the North..Tight whins,small area ,terriers,spaniels get a few moving..

Walked up with just guns,Foxes just sit tight ...the odd one may get spooked into moving..

Dogs,and not ones that all go in single file (terriers) following each are not much kop either,they need to work the cover ..

With a Pack, Highly efficient, and the norm in the North..Tight whins,small area ,terriers,spaniels get a few moving..

Walked up with just guns,Foxes just sit tight ...the odd one may get spooked into moving..

Dogs,and not ones that all go in single file (terriers) following each are not much kop either,they need to work the cover ..

we tend to let plenty of old shells of along the way fairly regularly to make sure they decide not to sit tight. are you in north yorkshire my any chance?

we tend to let plenty of old shells of along the way fairly regularly to make sure they decide not to sit tight. are you in north yorkshire my any chance?

Wee bit colder where I'm at,but some off the fellas I've had the company of are N/E of you....Dedicated Travellers..

We do this a couple of times during early spring to flush out any lamp-shy foxes lurking in cover - its good fun for all concerned (lads bring their terriers,labs,spaniels, hounds etc. for the workout) and we usually get anything up to half a dozen foxes over a 2-3hr beat. Definatly pays dividends for game cos you get them before they start denning when their food demands obviously increase. We've even nailed a few mink this way in recent years thanks to one particualry keen spaniel/collie cross :)

Edited by killbilly

Pretty much the mainstay of our work. Travel far and wide for it. Mostly through winter months for obvious reasons but doing a few places the now before folk put birds down. Had 12 on Saturday from gorse bankings. Using beagles and beagle crosses. Don't like the firing shots method,not even that will get all foxes moving,nowt moves a fox like a dog. JMO.

• Like 1

Bang on!! We do this a couple of times a year at a friends shoot. Dont need many of you, 3/4 walking letting off shells and with 6-8 standing in known escape routes. Always get a couple..... :thumbs: