• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heres a few pics of some young uns ive bred this year,the 1st clutch,the hen laid 6,ate 1 and 1 didnt hatch,so i hand reared the 4 that hatched and the hen as gone down again is now sat on 7 eggs,here

i didnt notice my balls of steel mate as mi arse was twitching that much but il be letting it out again,its not just a one off,whenever i handrear,i dedicate all my time to em,and form a close bond,i

cheers mate,your not wrong i decided to open the aviary door today and test the loyalty of the chick im keeping back,i opened the door then sat down and started calling to it,he came out,flew onto th

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Well done pal no easy to bred cock's are buggers for taking the eggs and chicks

cheers mate,your not wrong :thumbs: i decided to open the aviary door today and test the loyalty of the chick im keeping back,i opened the door then sat down and started calling to it,he came out,flew onto the bench i was sitting on,then flew onto the bird bath were he bathed and spent 20 mins sunning himself,then he flew to a small magnolia tree and had half an hour in there,after which i called him with food and he came straight back,hes now in the aviary,heres a few pics :thumbs:

SAM_1436.jpg

SAM_1437.jpg

SAM_1435.jpg

SAM_1438.jpg

• Like 5

Hey Mate,

Well done, and cheers for posting! What's the stry behind them, how did you get into them, and how many have you reared etc? Quite like jays, them being my namesake an all.

Hey Mate,

Well done, and cheers for posting! What's the stry behind them, how did you get into them, and how many have you reared etc? Quite like jays, them being my namesake an all.

cheers mate,ive had this pair about 3yrs,theyre 5 yrs old,theyve been paired up since they were 1yr old and last year she laid eggs but the cock ate em as soon as they were laid,so this year when the 1st egg was laid,i took him out,then put him in the next day an he went straight in and tread the hen,so i took him out again,i did this everyday until the 6th and last egg was laid an he did exactly the same each time,i let him back in after a couple of days once all the eggs were laid and kept my eye on him,and he started to feed the hen and never bothered about the eggs and they all hatched bar one,so now this pair should produce every year,but at the end of the month im driving to belgium to pick up 2 proven pairs from a very good breeder,so next year il have 3 breeding pairs plus mi fecking hands full :thumbs:

my lad is pestering life out me for a jackdaw chick, never thought about a jay before :thumbs:

cheers for the offer mate, maybe next year if ye got some chicks, i aint got a set up for 1 just now an my lad is busy with his pup an kitts just now, but heres hopeing next year we aint got a pup an kitts on he should have the time to do 1 justice, thanks again tho an them birds are a credit to ye :thumbs:

• Like 1