heres a few pics of some young uns ive bred this year,the 1st clutch,the hen laid 6,ate 1 and 1 didnt hatch,so i hand reared the 4 that hatched and the hen as gone down again is now sat on 7 eggs,heres a few pics of the last 2, a bloke came for 2 yesterday :thumbs:

SAM_1342.jpg

SAM_1344.jpg

SAM_1343.jpg

• Like 15

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heres a few pics of some young uns ive bred this year,the 1st clutch,the hen laid 6,ate 1 and 1 didnt hatch,so i hand reared the 4 that hatched and the hen as gone down again is now sat on 7 eggs,here

i didnt notice my balls of steel mate as mi arse was twitching that much but il be letting it out again,its not just a one off,whenever i handrear,i dedicate all my time to em,and form a close bond,i

cheers mate,your not wrong i decided to open the aviary door today and test the loyalty of the chick im keeping back,i opened the door then sat down and started calling to it,he came out,flew onto th

Posted Images

well done craigyboy like it, you are the boy for the bird,s craig iv got gloster and mine havent made nest yet so whats up with them can you shed some light what im doing wrong any help would be much appreciated thanks craigyboy

bit more info mate,are they caged or in an aviary,how old are they,have they bred before,if not how long have they been paired :thumbs:

Spot on Graigyboy :notworthy:. If I didn't have all the Hawk aviaries here I would love one off you. Can you let Imprinted Jays out like Jackdaws Craig? Had Jackdaws when I was a lad and the odd Carrion crow but never a Jay, a Pal had one that used to talk and later when I met Gill the wife I still had a 9 Year old Jackdaw that used to talk.

I'll find a picture of it with the missus and get it fired up in a mo :thumbs:..

Spot on Graigyboy :notworthy:. If I didn't have all the Hawk aviaries here I would love one off you. Can you let Imprinted Jays out like Jackdaws Craig? Had Jackdaws when I was a lad and the odd Carrion crow but never a Jay, a Pal had one that used to talk and later when I met Gill the wife I still had a 9 Year old Jackdaw that used to talk.

I'll find a picture of it with the missus and get it fired up in a mo :thumbs:..

cheers mate,yes you can let em out,the cock to them chicks follows me everywhere,if i let the hen out tho,she'd feck off straightaway,his favourite word is jay,i was contemplating on a pair o jackdaws :thumbs:

cheers mate,yes you can let em out,the cock to them chicks follows me everywhere,if i let the hen out tho,she'd feck off straightaway,his favourite word is jay,i was contemplating on a pair o jackdaws :thumbs:

Loved my Jackdaws Craigy.

made a mistake when I was a lad in getting two and creche rearing them together, once they was out they got up to all sorts of mischief leading each other on and hard to get back!! the only way I ever had control of them was to keep one penned and let them out one at a time.

the first one I had before I had the pair I could let him out and bugger off to school all day, you might find this hard to beleive but I used to have to sneak out of the front door and climb over the fence, if the bird heard the gate latch go he would follow me all the way to school :laugh:, on the way back I would get a street away from my house and call, if he was in the area he would be straight down on my shoulder.

while out I would leave my bedroom window open for him, I came home from school one day to find the needle had been knicked out of the record player. the tapes had all the ribbon pulled out and shreded around the bedroom and some of my 7 Inch records was on top of the house roof :laugh:.

I love the corvids Craigy and would love a Jay. my problem is I would also love to let it out which would be dangerouse with these Hawk aviaries, if it landed on the top of any of them it would be curtains for it. the other option is to knock up a flight which is probably the best idea :thumbs:...

heres a few pics of some young uns ive bred this year,the 1st clutch,the hen laid 6,ate 1 and 1 didnt hatch,so i hand reared the 4 that hatched and the hen as gone down again is now sat on 7 eggs,heres a few pics of the last 2, a bloke came for 2 yesterday :thumbs:

SAM_1342.jpg

SAM_1344.jpg

SAM_1343.jpg

Bet they sell for about £100 :unsure:

SAM_1342.jpg

SAM_1344.jpg

SAM_1343.jpg

sorry mate wrong end of stick :thumbs:

Edited by craigyboy

SAM_1342.jpg

SAM_1344.jpg

SAM_1343.jpg

cheers mate free advertising,and they dont go for about £100 they go for £100, and how did you guess it was me,oh hang on its the same name,ever thought about being a copper :thumbs:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: