Thanks mate.

Yeah get your rifle sent to Tony buddy, you wont be disappointed i promise you.

I was kneeling with my back against my garden gate resting the rifle on my hand on top of my wooden garden table.

It makes a good stable shooting position when accuracy testing.

Si.

Umm funny you have you mentioned that buddy.

I have to speak to Dave Nicols at Hull Cartridge on Monday ref sponsorship for me and Davy in regards to their rifles.

Si.

Right quick update.

I didn't send my rifle off because I have been busy shooting it, but, last night it was stripped down, cleaned, polished, and had some mega thick tar like grease applied to the spring. All in all took the best part of an hour and about 50p worth of grease.

It has totally transformed the rifle. The recoil has been dramatically reduced and now only goes horizontally into your shoulder, there is no twang from the spring, and its a lot quieter.

I'm not knocking SFS, but TBH I really don't see the need to get it tuned now, it really is that good.

Edited by Flow

After stripping my .22 HW97k for a clean, polish and grease I was disgusted by the hideously cut Weihrauch spring. Also she was a bit down on power!

Bought a V-Mach kit last year and it's probably the best £75 I've ever spent.

My 97k was totally transformed. The cocking cycle is much, much smoother, recoil is a slight nudge and she's much quieter too.

From a benchrest my rifle will group easily within ½" @ 40yds and consistency is incredible. A 50 shot string with AA Fields only produced a spread of 8fps straight from the tin!

A 10 shot string with weighed and measured pellets - 3fps spread!

I will never, I repeat, never part with my 97k, I love it and it's my perfect hunting partner :)

Bud

Edited by Budaholic
  • 6 months later...