Exchange program

Recently Barony College in Dumfrieshire held an exchange program where hunters in the colleges in Sweden did an exchange with those in this Country.

I was asked by Andrew Treadway to assist with taking 4 youngsters out stalking.

Andrew is the South West Scotlands regional appointed assesor with DMQ and also my stalking partner in a wildlife and habitat management scheme we are running in Dumfrieshire.

The group consisted of two lads and two young lasses on each outing deer was seen but circumstances over the weekend did not end up with a deer on the ground with certain mistakes made by one of the girls not having a cartridge in the chamber definitely does not help.

Still these things happen anyhow I got one of the girls into a couple of foxes early saturday morning after taking the lads out the previous night were they saw numerous deer but bumped them in the process of getting to within range of a shot.

The photo below just about says it all really the smile on the girls face was enough for me as it was the first time she had shot any foxes at all,

A good result in taking out a vixen and young cub, she was proficient on all counts and made short work of shooting abilities and accounted for both of them in quick succession..BuechanMay2012001.jpg

We still have a couple of vacancies to assist in the Wildlife program that we are running where participants who help get to be taken out free of charge as long as they assist in the work program during the day, if anyones interested contact me or visit my website and forum by clicking on the cross hairs of my logo below and it will take you straight there for further details access to the forum is on the header tabs those interested in deerstalking are invited to join.

We also provide a stalking service were either Andrew will take you out or myself but charged at the going rate for those who are not on the Wildlife program.

Due to the popularity of the scheme we are having to limit the participants to 8 in total we currently have 6 so two vacancies are available and they will be allocated on a first come first served basis preferably to someome who hasnt done any deerstalking and wishes to learn and is financialy impaired from participating in a sport they can really ill afford to participate in..

Free Caravan accomodation in the forest is provided for those participating, obviously gas etc has to be accounted for by those taking part.

Cheers Stu

Edited by Caprelous
  • Like 1