Geographical Mayhem why does it continue?

Hello All,

Why is it so difficult to persuade members to put their location in their profile.The first item I looked at today gave no clue where the seller was located also not stated was their age.In light of recent events and the knowledge that the scamming scumbags are still around why not make it obligatory to at least give the nearest town for reference.Why would I look at an ad for a gun cabinet which always presents problems with delivery or collection etc if I already knew it was located 350 miles away.I don`t want a street address,national insurance number,date of birth or any other personal information but let common sense prevail and tell us where you are.The little messages give the clues ie location, somewhere, gender not telling,age not telling,Don`t deal with the devious ba****ds they have no respect for other members of the forum and just frustrate the genuine people who wish to hang on to their hard earned cash.

Regards

Bernard :boogy:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i live on the moon and my age is 200 years so dont ever bother contacting me ,i only sell to martians

You have now lowered the tone of this discussion completely and you`re setting extremely low standards which I suspect you will struggle to achieve constantly.I have seen your foul mouthed remarks her

44yr old and still single is ultimate proof my taste always has been

Posted Images

Hello All,

Why is it so difficult to persuade members to put their location in their profile.The first item I looked at today gave no clue where the seller was located also not stated was their age.In light of recent events and the knowledge that the scamming scumbags are still around why not make it obligatory to at least give the nearest town for reference.Why would I look at an ad for a gun cabinet which always presents problems with delivery or collection etc if I already knew it was located 350 miles away.I don`t want a street address,national insurance number,date of birth or any other personal information but let common sense prevail and tell us where you are.The little messages give the clues ie location, somewhere, gender not telling,age not telling,Don`t deal with the devious ba****ds they have no respect for other members of the forum and just frustrate the genuine people who wish to hang on to their hard earned cash.

Regards

just pm them and ask ffs its not difficult :laugh:

Hello All,

Regards

i live on the moon and my age is 200 years so dont ever bother contacting me ,i only sell to martians :thumbs:
  • Like 1

Not all of us on the site are interested in buying and selling or want our location made public, it won't be compulsary. As Paul said, a pm isn't such a time consuming task surely, how often do you buy things, not as if its a weekly transaction surely?

Not all of us on the site are interested in buying and selling or want our location made public, it won't be compulsary. As Paul said, a pm isn't such a time consuming task surely, how often do you buy things, not as if its a weekly transaction surely?

it is when you got too tap the keys with your head :huh:

You're just embarrassed about being a southerner :laugh:

Not really applicable as my origins and birth place don`t make me much more of a southerner than yourself,note the Saltire.At least you have the good manners to mention where you are from unlike many on this forum who must have hidden issues of guilt or are just plain devious and underhanded and do nothing to foster good and trusting communications with honest and open people.

Regards

Bernard

Rules for the for sale section state that a location should be included in the advert. This should be enough without making it compulsory for members to have it on their profile. If you have an issue with an ad, hit the report button.. :thumbs:

Did i mention i no longer live in 'South east Northumberland' anymore?

Still giggle when i think back to that and my Yorkshire terrier :D

Not really applicable as my origins and birth place don`t make me much more of a southerner than yourself,note the Saltire.At least you have the good manners to mention where you are from unlike many on this forum who must have hidden issues of guilt or are just plain devious and underhanded and do nothing to foster good and trusting communications with honest and open people.

Regards

Bernard

Good manners, issues of guilt, devious? Give your head a wobble chap, i think i sold something once on the forum, and as Mal pointed out, the location was put on the add in accordance with forum rules, to be blunt, unless you are my mate, its none of anyones business where i live. This isn't ebay, free ads, its a debating forum that happens to have a classified section, and to be honest i think 99% of morons and numpties would disapear if the classifieds did.............

I think its ironic you joined around 10 weeks ago, and your 13 posts are either enquiring about air guns in the classifieds or on here moaning about members not stating their location. This is a forum about debate and discussion, not soley a vehicle for people to buy and sell, who are you, good, honest? How are we supposed to know that purely by stating your location?

If you have joined purely to purchase items may i suggest amazon or ebay, if you have joined to add to debate and discussion on threads then i await your input..........

I may called myself Frank, aged 28 from Lowestoft but it doesn't make it so, the only time locations are relavent is whenplacing ad advert in the classifieds........

Regards

Bernard

Good manners, issues of guilt, devious? Give your head a wobble chap, i think i sold something once on the forum, and as Mal pointed out, the location was put on the add in accordance with forum rules, to be blunt, unless you are my mate, its none of anyones business where i live. This isn't ebay, free ads, its a debating forum that happens to have a classified section, and to be honest i think 99% of morons and numpties would disapear if the classifieds did.............

I think its ironic you joined around 10 weeks ago, and your 13 posts are either enquiring about air guns in the classifieds or on here moaning about members not stating their location. This is a forum about debate and discussion, not soley a vehicle for people to buy and sell, who are you, good, honest? How are we supposed to know that purely by stating your location?

If you have joined purely to purchase items may i suggest amazon or ebay, if you have joined to add to debate and discussion on threads then i await your input..........

I may called myself Frank, aged 28 from Lowestoft but it doesn't make it so, the only time locations are relavent is whenplacing ad advert in the classifieds........

I thought we were actually debating the reasons for my post and therebye using the power of a forum.Maybe somewhere in your 14,696 posts you`ve lost your way and forgotten the reason for discussion and the whole ethos of a Forum.I thought it was your duty as a moderator to encourage proper debate and maybe it would do you good to remember when you only had 13 posts to your name and were a rookie member,your high handed manner does not befit the Flag you fly beneath that avatar.I suppose it is only natural though when your ancestors hid underground in those dark and dank pits,at least when they saw some daylight they burst into song and did not spend all their time trying to make others miserable.Maybe in future you could put your posts to music and make them more pleasant.

Regards

Bernard