Looking for someone to Ferret Land in Cornwall - Accomodation available

Hi

I’m not sure if this is the right forum to post this in – so if its not please just ignore this!

I am looking for someone to help us with Rabbit control, ideally though using ferrets, and nets etc. We have 7 acres of horses grazing land near Perranporth in Cornwall, and it is over run with rabbits!!

We need someone to go in there and ferret (if that’s what you call it?) for a day or two, and get rid of the bulk of them, as shooting the odd one here and there is not helping. – Looking out the house window over the land I can easily count approx 70, - and that’s just the ones sitting visibly out in the middle of the field – so I’m sure there would be in excess of 300+?

The person/people would need to undertake this task sensitively, obviously due to the nature of pest control. We run a bed and breakfast business, so it would need to be done with discretion. And you would need to have your own insurance.

We are happy to put someone/people etc, up for the night in the Bed and breakfast, if you wanted to stay longer, we could accommodate you camping for a few nights. And if you are bringing dogs we have stables that these could be kept in overnight. As well as the ferrets etc.

If anyone is interest, or wants some more info, please reply on this forum with your contact details, and I will get in touch.

Kind Regards

Rebecca

The chances of 300 living in 7 acres are slim

: )they will be coming and going from neighbouring property's to , sounds like a grand holiday though , just my cup of tea , are they massive warrens ie 200 holes plus ??? If I wasn't mad busy with work I'd be there this weekend to catch your 300 rabbits : )

When/ If I find someone to catch them, I will let you know how many there were - The 7 acres is made up of 3 fields, with lots of hedgerows, - which have been all but decimated by the rabbits, with the holes in them going all the way through in most cases. Some of the rabbits I have seen are the size of my Jack Russells – I thought 300 was a conservative estimate! - but then I am new to this.

Hi there Rebecca that is a great offer and me and my mate would be willing to do it for you in a couple off weeks time, we have our own insurance and references to, i would also like to bring my bird if thats ok?

Kind Regards

John

coming to live down there in july. would be more than happy to help you with your problem . coming for two weeks in june so could have a look at it with you if thats any good. thanks ,bry

I was on the Haven caravan site in Perranporth last month and that place was absolutly over run with rabbits. Sets under just about every caravan plot......My dog loved it!!.... I can well believe that there will be alot on here land too.

I was on the Haven caravan site in Perranporth last month and that place was absolutly over run with rabbits. Sets under just about every caravan plot......My dog loved it!!.... I can well believe that there will be alot on here land too.

Eyup mate..

I bet the missis loved that eh.. ? you and Lola off wabbiting while she,s on holliday.. Do u fancy it ? I've not been down Cornwall for years...we can take Brad and let him do all the digging.. Pick Ray and Trigger up on route and we,ll clear the lot in a couple of days/nights.

Is there any free booze and food missis ? and is your place situated in close vacinity to the 18-30s Female Nimphomaniacs holliday camp... ? :laugh:

Eyup mate..

I bet the missis loved that eh.. ? you and Lola off wabbiting while she,s on holliday.. Do u fancy it ? I've not been down Cornwall for years...we can take Brad and let him do all the digging.. Pick Ray and Trigger up on route and we,ll clear the lot in a couple of days/nights.

Is there any free booze and food missis ? and is your place situated in close vacinity to the 18-30s Female Nimphomaniacs holliday camp... ? :laugh:

LOL count me in if it is.

Eyup mate..

Trust me Vin, if it wasn't for the rabbits it would have been quite dull. Not many 18-30's establishments down there! Free food and booze sounds good though!

Eyup mate..

Trust me Vin, if it wasn't for the rabbits it would have been quite dull. Not many 18-30's establishments down there! Free food and booze sounds good though!

we can liven it up a bit if we all go down...lol.

Eyup mate..

LOL count me in if it is.

Del....ask brooky and the loons from Falconry club to make it there new holliday destination..they said Scotland was crap last time they went...Imagine all them lot down there .. :whistling: