why the ban?

Been really keen going out with lurchers last couple years, but ever since got my own one real hacked off the ban is here. would have loved to see dogs coursing foxes, hares and deer(in england) without it being illegal. what would have been the favoured allrounder lurcher? got a 3/8 5/8 bull greyhound x hancock collie greyhound now.

I think it's hard to say mate. All lads want different things from an all rounder.

I've got a saluki based lurcher now possibly with a bit of collie in there and it's early days but she's got everything it takes to be an all rounder IMO. Fast off the mark, top end, stamina, prey drive, obedience, agility.

I've always thought sal/whip/grey x collie/grey and ideally with a dash of bull somewhere in the mix.

Gaz

I think there are infinite x's and mix's that will physically give you a dog that would be capable of taking all quarry, or at least most (we cant really include big reds), but it's having the right brain, heart and soul that lets most down. Most lads who had them, usually thought more about the lineage of the dogs than the mix that was in them.

Although in my opinion, circumstance, opportunity and the dedication / obsession of the handler play just as big a role.

Been really keen going out with lurchers last couple years, but ever since got my own one real hacked off the ban is here. would have loved to see dogs coursing foxes, hares and deer(in england) without it being illegal. what would have been the favoured allrounder lurcher? got a 3/8 5/8 bull greyhound x hancock collie greyhound now.

A lot of lurcher work,especially venison was still illegal pre-ban,most of the prosecutions undertaken now are still using the pre-ban laws,its still the same now as then,although much harder,choose the company you keep,no pictures and keep the gums shut.
  • Like 1