rapid 7 mk 1 service

i just got a rapid 7 mk1 witch the previuse owner who has a fac told me it is an early metel valve type.

i got some info of the theoben web site that shows all the internal workings i need to know is it easy to service this gun myself as the local gun shop wants £55.

any one do there own service on this gun.

also the previuse owner told me if i screw the rear screw cap in to compress the hamer spring the gun would go to around 24 ftb from the 11.5-12ftb is this true ?

any advice

cheers

Why will we tell you how to take a gun above the legal limit on a public forum.

do a search for ben taylor and son, the ben in THEOBEN

i dont want to to make the gun above the legal limit as i dont have a fac i just wanted to no if this was true or was the bloke blagin my head.

i mainly want to know about the service :hmm:

If its not broke etc..Only bit to service it is the valve.Best get an acetal valve if you really need to do anything to it at all .Just preloading the hammer also wastes air ,and will get you a nice little fine and gun taken off you..Best person by far for rapids is Ian Collins of AWT .He also invented the HE gas ram system not theoben..And theoben didnt design the rapid either.Like I said if its not leaking why mess with it you will find no difference in performance with a service .Leave it alone just get out and enjoy it .rgds don.