The BSA r10 MK2 range and field review / test

Hi lads and lasses,

This is a range and field test review I have just completed on my new custom BSA r10 Mk 2 that I purchased earlier this week from Tony Wall at Sandwell Field Sports.

I hope you enjoy the review and please look out for my spring rifle episodes that I will be filming very soon.

Si.

• Like 1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi lads and lasses,   This is a range and field test review I have just completed on my new custom BSA r10 Mk 2 that I purchased earlier this week from Tony Wall at Sandwell Field Sports.   I hope

Great demonstration of Marksmanship Si with your new toy....Looking forward to seeing the vid with your new Springer in .22 Flavor

The screw cut allows you to fit a silencer of your choice, and its also a lot quieter than a standard shroud mate.   I'm getting the walnut thumb hole adjustable MFR from Theoben Rifles (.22), then

Posted Images

Hi Si

Why have you gone for another .177 when you said in a early post you prefer .22 . Nice shooting again and another good vid

Hi buddy,

Because I got the rifle offered to me at a price that I could not say no too really buddy by Tony Wall at SFS.

I also like the r10 as a rifle very much after owning one before for about 2 years plus.

My .22 springer is ready for pick up next week and then the other rifle that Im buying in Feb is also a .22 custom Theoben and Ben Taylor MFR.

So I will have the benefits of both calibres.

Si.

hi si

Very nice shooting mate,loved the video ,quality stuff.used my last .177 till i was 16 never had one after that.All 8 of my airguns are in .22,After watching this video might add .177 in my collection as well.

Yes a .177 defo as a benefit when lamping bunnies or competing in HFT mate.

Si.

Great demonstration of Marksmanship Si with your new toy....Looking forward to seeing the vid with your new Springer in .22 Flavor :thumbs:

Thanks Stevo,

Yes I'm really looking forward myself to shooting again with a springer after so long of not owning one.

Now that I'm back on my feet after my expensive divorce I can start and build up my collection again and keep them this time.

I think that the PCPs will probably stay locked away now for the summer in the gun cabinet except for HFT and fast and furious rat shooting where I need a multi shot and the springer will be the main hunting tool over the next coming few months.

The last time I went out with Davy shooting with my old HW97KT I got 18 rabbits and a hare in a afternoon with it at one of Davy's permissions, but I will have to yet again practice to get rid of any bad shooting habits to get up to that standard again.

Give me 2 or 3 weeks of practice with it while it beds properly in and ill be there I'm sure filming some good clips.

Si.

i neeeeeeed a pre charged! :shok:

I believe that your HW97KT is capable of doing what a pre charged can do pal if you practice hard and long enough. Ive seen a r10 matched with a HW77 when I was shooting with Simon Pianoman.

Si

is it just a standard r10 with the barrel removed? just my dads got a mk1 sitting under his bed and if its anywhere near as good as this one im going to steal it off him haha

great video si

lewis

Its a standard Mk 2 r10 with the shroud removed and the barrel screw cut to fit a silencer.

The internals have been played with a bit and the reg has been tweeked so I'm lead to believe by John Bowkett but to what extent I don't really know pal.

Its no where near as quiet as the HW100 S is but its just as accurate I believe and seems to fit me very nice.

Si

Edited by zini

Hi Si,

Great shooting, watched the vid at about 11 last night :thumbs::laugh:

looks like you have got yourself a great shooter there.

Why the screw cut barrel instead of the normal shroud? does that effect the accuracy? i know it has some effect on the sound.

Where are you getting your MFR from?

Keep up the great work

ATB

Adam