MINSHAW .....

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

I have seen two jack....

heard of more doing the same....

I would be more concerned with workers rather than a name tag...

I've seen plenty of dogs jack Giro including Minshaws..i owned one called Red that Chris has..it had a mind of it's own lol but also lots of other types too even the sister to your own bitch was a total jacker that i tried to re-home after the lad who owned her died...it can and does happen in all types of lurchers..having raced greyhounds for many years too i've even seen and owned the odd one lol that refused to run so again a no good jacker...if a greyhound won't chase then believe you me there's every chance that now and again there will be a lurcher that will do the same no matter how it's bred? ATB Andy...oh and to the lad thinking of getting one for what purpose are you wanting the dog? ie: day,lamp,edible game,teeth and such? :thumbs:

• Like 6

not such things as a minshaw the original breed is long gone , ans the fellow minshaw hasnt bred a litter for donkeys ,saw one working was simliar to a collie cross ,no a dog for open feilds with no hedges but would had been better for ferreting etc ,

Edited by BLACKWATER...

not such things as a minshaw the original breed is long gone , ans the fellow minshaw hasnt bred a litter for donkeys ,saw one working was simliar to a collie cross ,no a dog for open feilds with no hedges but would had been better for ferreting etc ,

You shouldn't of edited it lol,the fence bouncing and sheep craic and not able to run on open land was amusing to say the least...i quite like it when you post on a subject that you OBVIOUSLY no little about :tongue2: ..your post now actually makes you look quite intellectual :victory: ..keep on keeping on up there fella :D .ATB Andy. ;)

• Like 2