MINSHAW .....

Yep,i'm with Rabbithunter here..some dogs show NO warning signs whatsoever as was the case w :yes:ith Timber's bitch Lily..she was running her quarry with the pace and enthusiasm that she ran her first..not an inkling of showing the effects that were to come on?..i once seen a 3/4 Grey 1/4 Collie up the arse of a hare and within probably a foot of ending the race when you would of thought someone had shot her..ran over to find her with the old muscle spasms,locked jaw,bulging eyes scenario..that was my 2nd ever time i seen this and the 1st time we used the choccie trick..she soon came round but that was her shift over :yes: ...the 1st time i ever witnessed it was when we were just boys,my mate had a rough haired bitch called Cassie,we ran a few bunnies with her,not alot but obviously too many for her,i think it was about a dozen or so :icon_redface: when she done all this carry-on..we thought she had been poisoned?..not ever seeing it we carried her to the motor and headed to the vets where she was put onto a drip etc:..to cut a long story short the bitch ended up being partly blind,had brain damage,could never jump,answer her name or anything like she once did :cray: ..she eventually got knocked down when my mate had her for a walk,probably a blessing in disguise?..it was the vet way back then that gave us that wee tip if it ever happened again in the future..without getting the blood sugar levels up thats what can happen :victory: ..i know through first hand experience ;) ...ATB Andy. :thumbs:

had the same thing happen to a dog i,d bred about 25 years ago like you say my first thougt was poisin by the time i got him home he,d gone into a coma and i had to pts ill always feel that i let that dog down on the subject of the letter shortridge wrote to the shooting news that you refered to earlier i could never understand why he said that as at least 1 of his dogs carried collie blood and the others certainly wernt whippet x grey at the time i thougt he was proberbly having a pop at hancock and plummer however now im starting to wonder if he isnt whins longlost devonian cousin anyway quality read andy and best of luck to you i say

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

rabbit hnter it was the first hare he ever caught lol he was ayousless brute of a dog gave him away to the mule skinner

So thats why you got uncontrollably excited, dont think ive ever done with any of my dogs first catches, whatever quarry.

Fair enough then il answer your question, ive seen 2 dogs throw wobblers in my time, and both dogs didnt show any warnings of doing that

saw few bull crosses doing it three qaurter greyhounds ,mostly dogs with alot of muscle mass ,but any dog can do it unless its clever enought to say fech that , saw more dogs over in the states do it with heat and long running they all carry glucose bottles or give them a shot after a hard run and water them down with a wet rag , saw dogs chase a hare, roe gets up, dog chases it dog collapses mate gave her a drink of coke i carried her to his van saved the dogs life down to fitnes that one as it was only september, kev whats crap hancocks of minshaws mate

Edited by BLACKWATER...

Does anybody know the cross in which there are made up of? Heard a few different theorys but nothing concrete, thinking about getting one....?

i wouldnt bother mate ive never seen a good one thats very capable, mass produced rubbish

I agree mate, loada crap & all these photos andy has put up with big bags of game, well I think theyve all been shot with a catapult and lined up to make the dogs look good

AGREED careful selective breeding wins but minshaws are produced on mass and thats why they have some many bad reports two many of them about

I was not aware that genuine Minshaw type's where mass produced..where do you get the information from to back this statement up..as i very rarley see any for sale..but then again i don't trawl the internet looking..

• Like 1

the minute you throw in allsorts its very hard to no whats what , you get anything and no uniformity , hard enough breeding dogs with out to many in the mix poacher , i mean ive saw bull minshaws like labs ,collie minshaws like collies then saluki minshaws fech were do you start and were does it end at times ,millets got a nice pup so far but some well hard to pick at times for some i would say, i like when you see alitter and you can throw ablanket on them and there uniform best way as old border lad said to me one day

Edited by BLACKWATER...

Iwold say lets be honest these animals started off with collie xs lurchers and mixes at times what no one knows the full honest breeding , now this in any way does not make them any worse . but one can see wher one comes from closing a gene pool with excessive amounts of breeds in the mix his nigh on impossible .atb bunnys.