• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#16 The Seeker

The Seeker

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:17 am

Great offer sir, seems alot of people dont like to share and want all the land for themself when we should all be on the same team and helping each other.

Dont get me wrong I am keeping the land to myself, my offer is for someone to tag along. No introductions will be made to owners and if anyone were to go on the land other than with me they would be doing so without me or land owners consent and would be in deep shit! I have been contacted by two people now and will happily take them out. But if anyone wants their own land they just have to keep knocking doors!

I take people out with me but only once I know them a little or they are mates of mates type of thing.
I will give you two examples of mates of mine who did similar but not anymore, fingers burnt and all that.

1) took out a lad a couple of times on a farm rough shooting, month later my mate sees the farmer who says "eh up John thought you'd packed the shooting game in?" John says "what you on about." farmer says "that lad you used to come on with told me youd packed it in and took up carp fishing so could he have permission to come on his own so I said yes"! luckily for John he knew the farmer well enough for him to f**k the other lad off.

2) mate took out a couple of of lads who wanted to take up shooting once they had been out several times they went behind his back and said to the farmer "why are you giving shooting rights to this guy for free we will pay you X amount if we can have the sole shooting permission. Mate lost that permission

Now these are two cases I know of personally and have heard and read of several others, it might be just me but I'm a little more cautious than seeing a guy with one post asking if I will take him shooting on land I've worked hard to get. None of my permission is a "mate who owns a farm" they have all been obtained by a fair bit of graft and are kept by building good relationships.

We need to bring the new lads through and this is one of the ways of introducing them but not everyone has the tame ethics as we would hope....

ATB
  • Jas400f likes this

#17 soldier1

soldier1

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:35 am

I had no idea the shooting community was like this, i was going to offer a space on my new permission but thinking twice now.

#18 miroku moocher

miroku moocher

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:48 pm

i know whatcha sayin. i wont take anyone unless i know em :victory: taking random people out is like askin to be shagged up the arse :icon_eek: i was invited a couple month back by a mate to shoot one of his mates land with them :hmm: anyway me and me mate went at the time and place agreed to meet the lad :hmm: he was there with 4others all with airguns :icon_eek: they had over a thousand acres to go at ''good land aswell :cray: me mate borrowed a shotgun to one of em :D they were fockin clueless so i gave em a wide birth :bye: cut a long story short them idiots shot anything that moved, blackbirds, pipits gull's and 2 hen pheasants outta season :laugh: and these were men ,,not boys :icon_eek: :blink:
it made me sick seeing such excellent land being given to a bunch of :censored: noobs :boogy: but there ya go.

Edited by miroku moocher, 12 July 2012 - 12:49 pm.

#19 Rake aboot

Rake aboot

Scruffy Bearded Hunter

• Donator
  • 8,537 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:58 pm

thl at its best

What is ?? and how would you know ??
  • The Seeker likes this

#20 The Seeker

The Seeker

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:54 pm

I had no idea the shooting community was like this, i was going to offer a space on my new permission but thinking twice now.

Not the shooting community bud, life is like this doesn't matter if it's hunting fishing or playing golf there's always some tw*t ready to do you a wrong un.

Take people out give them an understanding of what it's all about but just be careful who.....

#21 pete123

pete123

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 368 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:49 am

Starting to realise why I struggled for so long, but I have met some cracking guys on here. In the great scheme of things I'm still a newbie in a lot of ways.

#22 tdmrider

tdmrider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:19 pm

how that work out, taking people with you, as thought land owner gives permission for 1 person

#23 pete123

pete123

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 368 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:28 pm

how that work out, taking people with you, as thought land owner gives permission for 1 person

Depends on the agreement you make at first I have taken two out with me before, farmer just wants bunnies to be controlled but in a sensible safe manor never a group of loonies otherwise wave goodbye to your permission

#24 tdmrider

tdmrider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:41 pm

what about the law side of it ,would you need written too for the other person?
as id like to take a friend or my son if i ever get permission,

Edited by tdmrider, 11 August 2012 - 03:42 pm.

#25 paulus

paulus

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:48 pm

what about the law side of it ,would you need written too for the other person?
as id like to take a friend or my son if i ever get permission,

most of my land has no written permision just a good friendship and understanding from all the land owners :thumbs: never had any problems at all and ive been going on some of it since i was in short trousers :laugh:

#26 tdmrider

tdmrider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:02 pm

most of my land has no written permision just a good friendship and understanding from all the land owners http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub... never had any problems at all and ive been going on some of it since i was in short trousers

thats brilliant for you,
but for a newbie knowing no land owners wouldnt be better get permission in writting ??

#27 paulus

paulus

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:33 pm

most of my land has no written permision just a good friendship and understanding from all the land owners http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub... never had any problems at all and ive been going on some of it since i was in short trousers

thats brilliant for you,
but for a newbie knowing no land owners wouldnt be better get permission in writting ??
is the mans word not good enough :hmm: , unless you need it for an fac application :thumbs:

#28 Nex

Nex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:53 pm

EDIT: I'll check here again later once I've gotten my new Rifle and had plenty of target practice on it.

Edited by Nex, 13 August 2012 - 10:04 am.

#29 bribri988

bribri988

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:43 am

I like taking people out as well ,but im always wondering why cant they get permission ?. then you hope youve picked the good guys and there no going on the ground behind your back etc

For some people its hard to get permission but once you get a bit it seems to flow! well thats what happened with us!! and there is plenty of rats around who go behind you back belive me :nono: :angry2:

#30 Kevin01041961

Kevin01041961

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:55 am

Hi , Well yes interested in it very much, I could share my deer stalking in north yorks as well let me know i'm not far from you
  • pete123 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users