last nights bounty

found this beauty spot.......... its a beauty cause its humping with rabbit, the farmer says they have taken up an old badger set on the edge of a field where he has horses, can i do anything...... :lol:

i currently service his farm for rat control, with the occasional pigeon here and there. i stumbled on 1 rabbit in the barn/machinery shed 2 wk ago, but i was only armed with me rodent bag... :cry:

went back last friday to make a point of speaking to him, he came out with that comment.......... :roll:

anyhows, i went the very next day to see where i could find a sweet spot, bingo...... a nicely dense hedgerow with pockets naturally cut out within the hedge..... (i just made a few more cuts :D ) then i was in.....

i cleared away all the debris on the floor within this 1 pocket, leaving no twigs for me to sit on to give my cover away. well happy with this location, i went home to return with the rifle the next day.

well it rained and rained for 2 days...................... :evil: but today the sun shone down on me. after arriving at the farm, i stumbled on 3 crows feeding in the yard...... as i took aim these must have sensed me and flew, hey ho................ but then 1 came back, and sat on the roof. now he lays there till the wind starts to blow. :wink:

i quietly entered my humble hole, within 10 mins rabbits started to show, 3 here 2 there, 4 along the opp side of the short field, 2 hares chased each other in the opp field, another 2 rabbits chased each other and 1 headed towards me. i sat patiently untill he came into my field of view, a mere 20 yrds........ 1 nice head shot and down he went.

now being very new to shooting rabbit i was well tempted to go retrieve him, but i'd read that if i sit still more will follow....... so i did, 20 mins later another 1 came to see what was what........ 15 yrds this time..... wow.

anyhows i missed, the shot went above his head, but he sat still...... i tried to reload as quick as i could but if i did this too fast i'd make a noise from the action.... bye the time i had, he hopped on...... but only a few yrds up... 8) 25 max........... bingo, another nice clean head shot.

bye this time the sun had just dropped and it got to 9pm, so i called it a night.

tn_DSCF3806.jpg

whilst waiting, i watched loads of these chasing and playing around, just too far out for me though. on my next visit i'll take the camera.

ps. whats the gaffa tape for ..

the tape is covering padding which i use to stop scratch's and steady my aim when i lean on things, mainly as i shoot rats around farms. i only shoot with 1 arm......... :whistle: