• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As I do not want any misunderstanding, I will add this. I am not against show breeders. Believe me. I just like honest and decent people. And it is not honest for people who keep Ko shamo and have dab

With all due respect you fully know what I mean by being honest Tuzo - have you been reading your Poultry Club of Great Britain standards book again? I don't think that imposing a single physical stan

ill take that as a compliment used to be a shit hole before i was banned from having birds wandering round

• 2 months later...

Crossbreed or not he is a gamebird and should give the impression he can do a task, from the picture he looks a little short in the leg which makes him top heavy.

Check out the experts on game cocks on this forum. You like Ko- shamo for prize cards and I like gamefowl so we live in different worlds. The build would be right if it has blood from Latin American asil as they are not selected for endurance but for Positza (and exhibition for Argentino asil). You tell me the land of origin and I will tell you the rules and type of build of gamefowl you will have.

Edited by Abel Magwitch.

Crossbreed or not he is a gamebird and should give the impression he can do a task, from the picture he looks a little short in the leg which makes him top heavy.

. You like Ko- shamo for prize cards and I like gamefowl so we live in different worlds.

Abel don't assume you know me or what I like. Some people just shout louder.

Check out the experts on game cocks on this forum. You like Ko- shamo for prize cards and I like gamefowl so we live in different worlds. The build would be right if it has blood from Latin American asil as they are not selected for endurance but for Positza (and exhibition for Argentino asil). You tell me the land of origin and I will tell you the rules and type of build of gamefowl you will have.

Narnia........

Abel don't assume you know me or what I like. Some people just shout louder.

As I do not want any misunderstanding, I will add this. I am not against show breeders. Believe me. I just like honest and decent people. And it is not honest for people who keep Ko shamo and have dabbled with exhibition line shamos to give advice on how a bird selected for work should look.

• Like 2

Honest ? ............ lol

With all due respect you fully know what I mean by being honest Tuzo - have you been reading your Poultry Club of Great Britain standards book again? I don't think that imposing a single physical standard on a performance breed or type is productive in keeping the performance breeds alive. A performance breed whether it be chickens, dogs, or whatever is selected on winning individuals in it's ancestry. Winning birds, I think by imposing one umbrella physical standard for a breed would be detrimental in maintaining the reason for the breeds existence. In the case of gamefowl, it's performance. There are always many variabilities between strains within a breed or types. Some slight, some not so slight. If judged for performance, they all fit into the guidelines of what the breed should be. But, if judged strictly for conformation, then many outstanding performers would be left out due to physical differences.

We all have our own visions of what a woking bird should look like. The problems start when we think that all birds within a breed should conform to an imposed physical standard and discounting the variabilities that exists in the word performance and uniformity is found only in show breeds and not working breeds. Again a 10p prize card is your world and not gamefowl.

This happened with the American Staffordshire Bull Terrier and the Pit Bull in the U.S. Which looks like the tougher breed, and which one is still the true representative of a performer?

Edited by Abel Magwitch.
  • Like 2

Honest ? ............ lol

With all due respect you fully know what I mean by being honest Tuzo - have you been reading your Poultry Club of Great Britain standards book again? I don't think that imposing a single physical standard on a performance breed or type is productive in keeping the performance breeds alive. A performance breed whether it be chickens, dogs, or whatever is selected on winning individuals in it's ancestry. Winning birds, I think by imposing one umbrella physical standard for a breed would be detrimental in maintaining the reason for the breeds existence. In the case of gamefowl, it's performance. There are always many variabilities between strains within a breed or types. Some slight, some not so slight. If judged for performance, they all fit into the guidelines of what the breed should be. But, if judged strictly for conformation, then many outstanding performers would be left out due to physical differences.

We all have our own visions of what a woking bird should look like. The problems start when we think that all birds within a breed should conform to an imposed physical standard and discounting the variabilities that exists in the word performance and uniformity is found only in show breeds and not working breeds. Again a 10p prize card is your world and not gamefowl.

This happened with the American Staffordshire Bull Terrier and the Pit Bull in the U.S. Which looks like the tougher breed, and which one is still the true representative of a performer?

very clear indeed

Abel I agree with your sentiment but its rather obvious that you have an ulterior motive insomuch as you wish to berate show bird keepers/breeders. With your literary and grammatical excellence you should write a book !

I have an opinion as you do, and I respect that. What I don't respect is the personal nature of your replies without a true picture of someones preferences, experiences or motives.

As I stated previously you should not assume you know me or anything about me. Admittedly I keep ko shamo, a breed specifically bred for the show pen. I am not a member of the PCGB. If I make a comment on something its based on what I like or don't like.

As far as pit bulls and Am Staffs go I couldn't answer that as I've never seen one as they are illegal in this country.