fox net making

iv got some fox nets to make for a friend of mine and i was wondering what patterens you lads use when making a 6ft net. iv made them before for myself but i made them 15 meshes wide all the way down till i got to 6ft. i make my rabbit nets 2 rows of 8 down to 4 rows of 17 then back to 2 rows of 8 i used to make my rabbit nets 15 meshes all the way down but changed to doing it this was as i think its faster and doesnt use as much material i was wondering if theres any patterens simillar to the one i use for the rabbit nets. thanks for your help atb :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

Made 2 of these now but 12-24-12 seems to be 25 rows? Am I doing something wrong? Prob be better at 6ft3" anyway would they? Also what size pegs do you use? I use about 6" for my rabbit nets but would think something a bit bigger for fox?

Made 2 of these now but 12-24-12 seems to be 25 rows? Am I doing something wrong? Prob be better at 6ft3" anyway would they? Also what size pegs do you use? I use about 6" for my rabbit nets but would think something a bit bigger for fox?

i do 2 rows of 12 to 24 then back to 2 rows of 12 that gives me a 6ft net i use a 9" peg on my nets hope this helps pal atb :thumbs:

Edited by simonrocco

Cheers bud will try that, so it would be 12-12-13-14-15 ect up to one row of 24 then decrease back to 2 rows of 12? Surely that would be nearer 6 1/2-7ft? Not that that would be a problem

Cheers fella

Ant

yes pal thats right 12-12-13-14-15 ect then decreace to 2 rows of 12 that gives me a 6ft net but my mesh board is just smaller than 3 inch so thats maybe why my net was shorter on my first attempt so thats why i added another row of 12 to that pattern atb pal :thumbs: