Giblet lines

Guest little_lloyd

Guest little_lloyd

How many of you use giblet lines? (out of public view of course) whats your views on them? We had one for like 2 days with a few tree rats on then decided to burn them insted!

Guest Ditch_Shitter

" Giblet " :laugh: You doughnut! :D

Yeah. I used to have one ~ discreetly veiled by trees ~ for my own personal satisfaction. They just get unsightly.

I hung my first Hoodie on my top gate here. But then I thought about the poor bloody Postman and so forth ..... Now I just chuck shit into my compost bin.

Not really a thing ye should start up without ye guvvnors express permission / request, mate. Especially these days.

" Giblet " :rofl:

I useually just take what Ive shot home and leave it on the grass for a day or two to show the locals. On the farm I shoot on I just leave any foxes infront of his byre for him to see but dont like hanging things up just dont look right.

" Giblet " :laugh: You doughnut! :D

Yeah. I used to have one ~ discreetly veiled by trees ~ for my own personal satisfaction. They just get unsightly.

I hung my first Hoodie on my top gate here. But then I thought about the poor bloody Postman and so forth ..... Now I just chuck shit into my compost bin.

Not really a thing ye should start up without ye guvvnors express permission / request, mate. Especially these days.

" Giblet " :rofl:

Little Lloyd,...you really are a right fecking Gibblet :laugh::laugh::laugh:

And fairly typical of today's' 'intake'....No offence matey,..just having the craic with ya :victory:

Darn Sarf, on most of the large estates that I helped to control the roosting pheasants on,..most keepers had to run a gibbet...I was once on a big place and just having a quiet mouch when the keeper stepped out from behind a large oak . He stepped onto the footpath and stood right in front of me,.blocking my way.

Back then,..as Ditch-Shitter will no doubt affirm,...we always came 'dressed for the part'.. :laugh:

It was no damn use saying,.'Oh, I'm just out for a country stroll Guv',... :no:

Especially when clad in a long tweedy coat,..the lining cut at breast level on both sides to accept a pheasant or four :whistle: The outfit was frequently finished off with the obligatory gold earring and gypsy dickler,..feck me,.we didn't look 'guilty ' in them days now did we... :laugh:

My and the fellah were just about to fall out when a Rolls Royce pulled up on the main drive.

The Boss wound down his window and for all to hear he said,.."Bailey ,you lazy begger,....the woods are teeming with b*****d jays,..and we have just nearly run over a damn great stoat :icon_eek:

If you can't do your job man,.I'll bloody well get someone who can"....

The car pulled quickly away,...and so did I... ;)

As I walked on,..,I thought,....'Feck being a Gamekeeper,...I'm glad that I am free'....

However,.it just goes to show you how much importance was once placed upon 'vermin control'...

In them days few men owned a high powered rifle and most foxes were 'wired',.or gin trapped...

And a man that didnt have a plump and juicy 'Gibblet line' :laugh: ..was up the road,.smartish... :yes:

All the best to all keen hunting men,..whatever side of the fence you walk,...cheers,.CHALKWARREN :drink:

Guest little_lloyd

:laugh::laugh: So what is the real name then..come on!

I was beating on the last shoot of the season on the EDITED estate shoot earlier this year and they had giblet lines on most pens with a few corvids n squiirels.

Edited by little_lloyd

We used to have "giblets"on gibbets all round the woods ,paid accordingly too .No matter which way the wind blew ,you could smell them .

hunting2and3011fk5.jpg

Pics been on before but its the only one I have .

Only thing we were told not to hang was cats ,only because the head keeper knew for a fact it was only a matter of time before the one from the house appeared ,strung up with bulging eyes . :whistle: