Ferret court or shed

I like the idea of a shed but if you have two or three hobs your still going to need hutches to seperate them but its giving me something to think about

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's some pics of my court for the Jill's, it's attached to the run/shed for my Whippet & pups, there's also a few pics of the Hobs hutch.             As you can seefrom these

This is mine, it's 8x6 and has 2 levels       I'm in the process of making a larger one outdoors as it gets quite hot in the shed during the summer.

ferret shed on the left with hutch accommodation, and ferret court on the right.. Concrete floor and sides... completely escape proof.

Posted Images

Some cracking courts on here.

The one - I plan to just keep Jill's and a vasectomised hob so wont need to separate hopefully.

Thanks for all the ideas.

Gaz

I have a vasectomised hob and 7 jills mate, you'll need a seperate cage otherwise he'll end up skin and bone from shagging himself silly :yes: .

I put him in a seperate cage and put 1 jill with him at a time giving him a few days rest between jills.....

• Like 1

The one - I plan to just keep Jill's and a vasectomised hob so wont need to separate hopefully.

Gaz

I have a vasectomised hob and 7 jills mate, you'll need a seperate cage otherwise he'll end up skin and bone from shagging himself silly :yes: .

I put him in a seperate cage and put 1 jill with him at a time giving him a few days rest between jills.....

another member said the same to me few weeks ago,ma hob has lost alot of weight since.i thought members left the vac hob in all year round.......

Gaz

Thanks for that Mally. That's something I hadn't thought of.

Well my hutch is a big 2 tier so I could separate them top and bottom in season and keep him locked in the top (4' x 2') and then let the Jills have the run of the bottom tier and outside run.

How long do you leave the Jill with him for? Just a day?

Thanks

Gaz

Gaz

another member said the same to me few weeks ago,ma hob has lost alot of weight since.i thought members left the vac hob in all year round.......

few members on here leave there vac hob in with there jills all year round i put mine in a cage of his own when breeding season arrives so he doesnt loss to much condition a so visting jills can have a bit of peace and not be mobbed or beat up by my jills in the court
  • Like 1

Gaz

Well my hutch is a big 2 tier so I could separate them top and bottom in season and keep him locked in the top (4' x 2') and then let the Jills have the run of the bottom tier and outside run.

Thanks

Gaz

Gaz

Thanks

Gaz

I leave the jill in with him a couple of days mate, you will know when the hob has done the deed as the jill will be marked on the back of her neck.

Thanks for all the replies Lads. Really useful.

Gareth if your ever stuck and need advice mate, you have my phone number, feel free to call me anytime. I'm always happy to help people who appreciate it :thumbs:

• Like 1