Ferret court or shed

Im looking at getting back into the ferrets in a big way this year after having to cut back last year.

I'm looking at either getting a 6x4 shed and converting into a court or a 8x6 and partitioning it off so ferts have half or so.

Anyone got any pics of there set ups to give me ideas?

Cheers

Gaz

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's some pics of my court for the Jill's, it's attached to the run/shed for my Whippet & pups, there's also a few pics of the Hobs hutch.             As you can seefrom these

This is mine, it's 8x6 and has 2 levels       I'm in the process of making a larger one outdoors as it gets quite hot in the shed during the summer.

ferret shed on the left with hutch accommodation, and ferret court on the right.. Concrete floor and sides... completely escape proof.

Posted Images

This is mine, its maybe a bit bigger than the one your planning on but its fully ferret proof so they can run about all they want all day.I've got concrete slabs on the floor to prevent them digging out and a corregated tin roof. Hope these help. atb

IMAG0235.jpg

IMAG0234.jpg

Im looking at getting back into the ferrets in a big way this year after having to cut back last year.

I'm looking at either getting a 6x4 shed and converting into a court or a 8x6 and partitioning it off so ferts have half or so.

Anyone got any pics of there set ups to give me ideas?

Cheers

Gaz

How comes you had to cut back then , just curious

Thanks for the input lads.

Jamie - had to cut back because I was up to 7 in a 10 x 10 building and split up with my missus and lost my job. World was pretty much turned upside down.

Gaz

Thanks fellas.

I'm toying with the idea of getting a 7x5 shed, section it off in half, put the 2 Tier hutch in there and keep half the shed for ferreting gear, dog stuff etc. and then put a pipe through the shed wall to a 6x4 outside run area.

For people who keep ferts in a shed how do you go on for ventilation? Is it a problem or not?

Gaz

Thanks fellas.

I'm toying with the idea of getting a 7x5 shed, section it off in half, put the 2 Tier hutch in there and keep half the shed for ferreting gear, dog stuff etc. and then put a pipe through the shed wall to a 6x4 outside run area.

For people who keep ferts in a shed how do you go on for ventilation? Is it a problem or not?

Gaz

I'll be getting a shed towards the end of summer when I've got some spare cash. My intention is to create a mesh door to enable me to leave the main door propped open in the day.