WORKING DEERHOUND LURCHERS AND LONGDOGS By BILL DOHERTY

Guest thebigdog

Whats the other books he`s written?

A bird in the hand another very good read.

loved that book very well written and intresting. :thumbs:

I find them type of books wrote about caractures alot more intresting than those wrote about different types of dogs and methods to work dogs.

Whats the other books he`s written?

A bird in the hand another very good read.

loved that book very well written and intresting. :thumbs:

I find them type of books wrote about caractures alot more intresting than those wrote about different types of dogs and methods to work dogs.

same her poacher man i do think books churned out about the same old thing on breed type hunting abilitys ,etc boring , characters and there adventures this here island of ours his fast losing the salt of the earth type folk .bird men of old often kept a hound around them and ya can bet ya bottom dollar , it would be a handy type . stories of exploits whilst out in the field not about numbers more on the theme of goings on and the goings on what some types got a up two., sadly this era and there types are like rocking horse shit , only 20yrs ago they were here and there in most little comunitys. atb bunnys.
  • Like 1

ps to quote ii did rather enjoy bills book a bird in the hand , it was very much in keepingwith the times i was familiar with and was saturated with knowledge on birds and creatures , and of course if one knows an the habits of creatures , half the job done has some of the old folk would say .atb bunnys.

• Like 1

I much prefered A Bird in the Hand..very enjoyable to write..next one similar, and includes some excellent poaching characters including an albino gypsy, just waiting for a few of them to peg out :cray: so they dont give me shit :laugh:

• Like 3

I much prefered A Bird in the Hand..very enjoyable to write..next one similar, and includes some excellent poaching characters including an albino gypsy, just waiting for a few of them to peg out :cray: so they dont give me shit :laugh:

ha ha humour does suit though well romany . atb bunnys.

I will look forward to it :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...