T8 went up in smoke

015-4.jpg

014-3.jpg

so need a replacement in the future.What would you guys and gals recommend to replace this heap of shite.

I'm shooting a 223 and not too well up on such matters.I think its better to ask rather than look it up as experience is better than the written word.What type of moderator is best and what kind of price and the important question,wheres the best place to get it posted to Ireland from,thanks for your time people.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use a PES and a T8 and to me therfe is little difference in sound moderation,obviously the PES is S/S and as such should last longer,but,if you put your mod in the airing cupboard or on the boiler w

no john never owned one,im puting it down to carelessness on my part.I never much sprayed it or maintained it in anyway as such..............but the next one I will .Reduced to wearing ear cups now mi

hawkeye,in the next few weeks im going to try and sort out a new mod so thanks for that.Its good to hear reports back when I know little to nothing of the different types.Im after wrecking my hearing

Posted Images

thats a bit naughty mate......i have one of these on my .222, and fingers crossed i havent had any trouble with it yet, but have heard of a few cases where the moderator has rusted from the inside out, which is bad news...... when i get home after useing mine i always take it off the rifle and give it a good spraying with oil inside and out,

all the best,

jay. :thumbs:

thats a bit naughty mate......i have one of these on my .222, and fingers crossed i havent had any trouble with it yet, but have heard of a few cases where the moderator has rusted from the inside out, which is bad news...... when i get home after useing mine i always take it off the rifle and give it a good spraying with oil inside and out,

all the best,

i certainly wouldnt be putting oil inside a mod on a centrefire you will end up with a big bang!!

I've got a , P.E.S. mod , stainless steel. No need for oil and a cloud of smoke or anything else. The british importer is

JMS Arms

www.soundmoderators-uk.com

Tel; 01444 400126

07771 962121

Julian Savory

Different sizes to suit calibre

Shiny Stainless Steel, I had mine shot blasted to a Matt finish to match the barrel. Looks good.

Edited by Hawkeye.

all the best,

i certainly wouldnt be putting oil inside a mod on a centrefire you will end up with a big bang!!

i'm no gun expert but,

it was advice given to me by someone who has had guns along time, and i dont plaster it in heavy oil, just spray it out with WD40,

and been doing it since i've had it,which has gotta be around 8 years now, and had no problems, so cant be a bad thing, but your entitle to your opinion,

cheers,

jay, :thumbs:

all the best,

i'm no gun expert but,

it was advice given to me by someone who has had guns along time, and i dont plaster it in heavy oil, just spray it out with WD40,

and been doing it since i've had it,which has gotta be around 8 years now, and had no problems, so cant be a bad thing, but your entitle to your opinion,

cheers,

WD 40 is what is recommended by manufacturer.

all the best,

i'm no gun expert but,

cheers,

WD 40 is what is recommended by manufacturer.

cheers mate, :victory:

I use a PES and a T8 and to me therfe is little difference in sound moderation,obviously the PES is S/S and as such should last longer,but,if you put your mod in the airing cupboard or on the boiler when you get in it will get rid of all of the moisture that is inside after you have shot it. I did used to use WD40 but found that the zero would take a couple of shots to get back on,so stopped that,I have had mine a long time and absolutely no sign of rust.Also Jiggy if you send it back to...............................http://www.reflexsuppressors.co.uk/ They will do a deal on a new one as standard.

Martin

• Like 1

Yup, as Martin says, heat the fecker up first. I either put my T8 on top of an oil filled rad, or in front of a fan heater. No need to get it to the point of melting the rear bushing but getting it good and warm aids in riding the mod of moisture. It ALSO helps move the WD40 around inside the mod which does it's job, water displacing. A good oiling on the outside then and it should last years & years& years.

being honest guys when Im going shooting its up in the morn and straight out the door as I have an hours drive to get to where im going,so heating a mod might be a bit of a dose.I think I'll look into the predator line of mods as they can be taken apart and cleaned I believe.