Lamping in the 21st century

Iv'e just read a post on another hunting website about somebody who has just bought an inferred kit for there lamp.. stating that he was lamping in the 21st century. with dogs of course. he swears by technology but personally i would rather use a lamp without the help of all that nonsense. give yourself & your dogs abit more of a test ect ect. was just looking for some views really .. who's for technology whilst out lamping with dogs, and who is against it? there's only one way of lamping for me!

Thanks!

• Like 1

Iv'e just read a post on another hunting website about somebody who has just bought an inferred kit for there lamp.. stating that he was lamping in the 21st century. with dogs of course. he swears by technology but personally i would rather use a lamp without the help of all that nonsense. give yourself & your dogs abit more of a test ect ect. was just looking for some views really .. who's for technology whilst out lamping with dogs, and who is against it? there's only one way of lamping for me!

Thanks!

are they fitting night vision goggles to their dog then :laugh: never seen them on a dog only a cat

post-896-0-77316900-1335706582.jpg

• Like 1

but it obviously increases your chances of getting closer to your chosen quarry so it will increase the chances of the dog catching the quarry! i would think.. that's why i'm asking, i'm not up to date with all this inferred, it must help or people wouldn't buy it!

i never bother with filters. the only bit of modern technology i am pleased to use is the lithium battery now thats a piece of lamping equipment i am glad to own. :thumbs:

me to mate :thumbs: , most night vision at the affordable end of the market is shite you end up using your 170 with an ir filter, might aswell bin the night vision and use a normal red filter.

I think part of the fun is man and dog with an old lamp and having to lug a heavy battery around.

Although I'm only 23, so maybe in 10 years I will want a lithium :thumbs:

feck that lol lithium are quality dont even know youve got it and you can run faster with less weight in your rucksack :yes:
  • Like 1

i never bother with filters. the only bit of modern technology i am pleased to use is the lithium battery now thats a piece of lamping equipment i am glad to own. :thumbs:

Lithium was best buy of the year..after the rubber grip gardening gloves for ferreting...lol.