The right, but the hardest decision I've ever made

Hey guys,

It is with sadness I am posting on here, i bred a litter of pups last summer and kept a dog and bitch back for myself.

Unfortunately the dog hyperextended his front left elbow joint and caused lasting damage, after visits to rob meek and numerous vets.

I was told by all of them that he would not make the grade as a worker and would only be able to handle a 20 minute lead walk a day, this meant him watching me take 3 others dogs out for the usual 2 hour mooch and him being left behind.

He then through frustration started to be very vocal in the kennel. I decided with regret to rehome yesterday, hardest decision I've ever had to make but I know I had to make the decision with my head and not my heart.

He had been a cracking looking dog with bags of potential but sometimes shit happens!

He has gone to a great home and know he will be we looked after.

Thanks for the memories Dodge!

(middle dog)

c28fa1b3.jpg

Hey guys,

It is with sadness I am posting on here, i bred a litter of pups last summer and kept a dog and bitch back for myself.

Unfortunately the dog hyperextended his front left elbow joint and caused lasting damage, after visits to rob meek and numerous vets.

I was told by all of them that he would not make the grade as a worker and would only be able to handle a 20 minute lead walk a day, this meant him watching me take 3 others dogs out for the usual 2 hour mooch and him being left behind.

He then through frustration started to be very vocal in the kennel. I decided with regret to rehome yesterday, hardest decision I've ever had to make but I know I had to make the decision with my head and not my heart.

He had been a cracking looking dog with bags of potential but sometimes shit happens!

He has gone to a great home and know he will be we looked after.

Thanks for the memories Dodge!

(middle dog)

c28fa1b3.jpg

Have been in a similar situation in the past. You have my deepest sympathies. I often remind myself of the wisdom that lead to the decision and trust completely that it was the right one.

From a compassionate point of view its a hard decision,from a working dogs point of view its an easy decision......when your breeding working dogs theres not much room for compassion and thats what makes them special.

Sympathies pal, I rehomed my 11 month old dh/gh X whip a few months back. She had done little wrong and was dearly loved but my wife became ill during an unexpected pregnancy and the pressure on the family was very intense. Then to cap it all the guy who owned my permission passed away so I couldnt even give her any work let alone spending the time to develop her. My wife and child are now on the mend after a dodgy few weeks and I know I made the right decision, though I still have a very heavy heart at the thought of letting her go.

When things return to normality and I gain new permissions I will get my self another pup but only when the time and conditions are 100% right, the welfare of the dog has to come first and foremost. you showed a real strengh of character and selflisness in your decision to give her a more suitable life, I wish there were more fellows around like you.

ATB

Pat

• Like 1