Saluki/Grey x Whippet

My mate is thinking about putting his line bred saluki/grey coursing dog over his mates pure whippet bitch.

The dog is 27" and bitch 21.5"

Wouldnt this normally be done the other way round? And what do you reckon to this breeding?

Gaz

I wouldent worry about it tbh i have bred big lurchers to small lurchers before and never had any complications.The biggest was a 32tts deerhound/grey dog put over a 22tts collie/grey bitch that i knew of and their was no complications.

Either way mate I have saluki greyhound's for the last 14yrs and I would like the chance to put my own dog to a bitch bred that way for the fields here Ireland are tight but I have learned after many days of getting dirty pays of so I would say go for it mate it could be win win good luck

Thanks for the replies. I think he's pretty much made his mind up, but makes for interesting reading of opinions if nothing else.

What do you think the collie would add 3-turns?

I've just spent the last 3-4 weeks seriously trying to decide what pup to put my name down on and have gone for straight whippet in the end over most crosses including 3/4 whippet 1/4 collie as i just don't think the collie is needed for what I want.

As you know I had a sal/whip/grey and he was as stubborn and hard to train as they come but I managed and don't think I would like to of slowed him down or given him more of a "sensitive" streak to gain more brains.

That's just my take on it and im only after something for taking the odd bunny.

Thanks

Gaz