german shepherd X greyhound

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had a few days summertime ferreting (pest control in nz)with my white shepherd bitch and my 3/4 grey 1/4 white shepherd bitch   All the rabbits are to be killed whatever their

mate i couldnt give feck what you think and i think you know that, i will be going to few local shows this summer , come over and tell me again what you think of me , just in case i forget as yo

And all this from an add on donedeal for a lurcher pup,this site is ferkin amazing,lol.

Posted Images

an there aint no cure for the summertime blues whistling.gifwhistling.gif

there is mate, the hunting life, and those who think alsatian x greyhounds cant run,most of seen one,s that are over weight or unfit or both, most people think the faster the better, i think anough is as good as a feast

its all fun a nd games on here lately mate..

I have no doubts about the ability of one of these Xs ... only tricky bit would the finding good breeding stock to start with..you would need one of them good german import type shepards,not one of them slanty backed poor specimins that some of the breeders call sheperds these days..good strong bitch with plenty of guts.

Then a good Grey or even a Grew depending on what size you want ..but the tricky bit would be getting a good strong bitch.

an there aint no cure for the summertime blues whistling.gifwhistling.gif

there is mate, the hunting life, and those who think alsatian x greyhounds cant run,most of seen one,s that are over weight or unfit or both, most people think the faster the better, i think anough is as good as a feast

its all fun a nd games on here lately mate..

I have no doubts about the ability of one of these Xs ... only tricky bit would the finding good breeding stock to start with..you would need one of them good german import type shepards,not one of them slanty backed poor specimins that some of the breeders call sheperds these days..good strong bitch with plenty of guts.

Then a good Grey or even a Grew depending on what size you want ..but the tricky bit would be getting a good strong bitch.

the better the parents the more chance of a good pup, but dont under estimate an average alsatian,the last, time i had this x the parents didnt look anything special , but i couldnt of asked much more from the pup i had,the person who bred the litter ( who i only met once) was from southhampton who was a pro boxer whos name i believe was peters

yes red dawn it be a line bred sheperd xs no ther blood running through them have had the pleasure of ownoin one from this line in the past they have thee right blood some of these also throw coat , has his the sheperd animal was a long coated type with german blood lines in him . the gene for the long coat his recessive on the alles , hence some long coats do not give long coats unless the said othe rcarries this gene , hence these line bred animals produce say one in four roughly long coat has the y carry the gene for long coats either side , much similiar has collie types from normal borders types do when bred over period of time. atb bunnys,

yes red dawn it be a line bred sheperd xs no ther blood running through them have had the pleasure of ownoin one from this line in the past they have thee right blood some of these also throw coat , has his the sheperd animal was a long coated type with german blood lines in him . the gene for the long coat his recessive on the alles , hence some long coats do not give long coats unless the said othe rcarries this gene , hence these line bred animals produce say one in four roughly long coat has the y carry the gene for long coats either side , much similiar has collie types from normal borders types do when bred over period of time. atb bunnys,

be nice to see them, only ever seen a 1/2 x in flesh an a few in photos, would like to see the line bred dogs, of what ever cross they may be :thumbs:

I have seen a genuine half cross GSD x Grey work a long time ago. Mainly lamping and it was for certain quarry ( i went out with this dog quite a bit, so got a fair opinion of the cross ). Also watched the dog ferret once or twice and had a good nose and was well trained around the sets. The dog was a heavy-ish build with real good strong tight feet and thick jacket, and i have to say the first time i seen it i had my doubts as to it being fast enough. How wrong was i. These dogs are deceptively fast, with a long flowing stride and they can motor. It certainly had enough speed and drive for the prey we was running back then. Cheers.

• Like 1

the f1 alli xs his plenty fast enough for general lurcher type work , grante dthere will be folks wgho hunt large open ground where they possibly need the running ability of the saluki . but they will suit those who prefer that little bit more than the point and shoot type animal , doubling up has a really asset under different situations , the spine of the alli has good length this enables the hybrid to cover good ground . like has said some types are best not to become overpopu;lar and i think this type his best left to those who can appreciat the qualitys they bring to the table . atb bunnys.

• Like 1

the f1 alli xs his plenty fast enough for general lurcher type work , grante dthere will be folks wgho hunt large open ground where they possibly need the running ability of the saluki . but they will suit those who prefer that little bit more than the point and shoot type animal , doubling up has a really asset under different situations , the spine of the alli has good length this enables the hybrid to cover good ground . like has said some types are best not to become overpopu;lar and i think this type his best left to those who can appreciat the qualitys they bring to the table . atb bunnys.

We ran my mates doubled up on the bigger species, but also ran our dogs single on the smaller one,s :thumbs: And your right bunnys about the speed wise, my mates was plenty fast enough for all round lurcher work night and day. I wasn't there there one particular night but a very good friend of mine watched the dog on the lamp, on a night out roadsideing lamping running from back of a motor and watched it catch seven long ears and later on mop some bunnys up and said he was genuinely suprised and impressed with the dog. Both speed and general all round ability.

My mates first cross

307152_107452466032654_100003037047431_62128_695460697_n.jpg

311908_107454946032406_100003037047431_62143_144086774_n.jpg

293329_107460802698487_100003037047431_62177_1649262871_n.jpg

299206_107465532698014_100003037047431_62194_1885953426_n.jpg

handy looking dog that Bear.

did anyone see that BBC prog about badly behaved dog owners..Don't Blame the Dog the other night...they were in canada with army trainers...There was a big attack dog,one of them belgium malinois that they were gonna let have a chew on one of the volunteers arm...But she backed out of letting it... As soon as i saw the dog I thought...mmmm i bet he would be handy over a nice lurcher/greyhound bitch.

My mates first cross

307152_107452466032654_100003037047431_62128_695460697_n.jpg

311908_107454946032406_100003037047431_62143_144086774_n.jpg

293329_107460802698487_100003037047431_62177_1649262871_n.jpg

299206_107465532698014_100003037047431_62194_1885953426_n.jpg

handy looking dog that Bear.

did anyone see that BBC prog about badly behaved dog owners..Don't Blame the Dog the other night...they were in canada with army trainers...There was a big attack dog,one of them belgium malinois that they were gonna let have a chew on one of the volunteers arm...But she backed out of letting it... As soon as i saw the dog I thought...mmmm i bet he would be handy over a nice lurcher/greyhound bitch.

the father of that black dog is a working police dutch shepherd an i wouldnt like the bstard chewing on my arm

Never been a fan of any first cross of any type much prefer line bred 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th bred animal's,never come across them yet with alsation x grey's i guess there is some out there for the lad's that do run this cross or breed them what do they look for in the alsation or from what kind of working background is the alsation stock from ?? :thumbs:

• Like 1