80 replies to this topic

#76 Mark White

Mark White

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:25 pm

i was under the impression from reading a couple of articles if they where under X weeks old they get the virus but cannot die from it as there immune system has not developed enough for the virus to attack it properly and only have like a cold looking symptoms so they become immune. what you are saying all rabbits will die which does not appear to be happening my way as there numbers are picking up again but it went round like a wild fire last year

#77 StevoSmith

StevoSmith

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:13 pm

i was under the impression from reading a couple of articles if they where under X weeks old they get the virus but cannot die from it as there immune system has not developed enough for the virus to attack it properly and only have like a cold looking symptoms so they become immune. what you are saying all rabbits will die which does not appear to be happening my way as there numbers are picking up again but it went round like a wild fire last year

Trua mate however with VHD it does not work like that...yes under 4 weeks they dont get it and normally they will live normal lives after..but because of the virus if one gets it when older thier imunity means nout it will kill 95-100% of all rabbits within 48 hours

#78 bunny tickler

bunny tickler

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:48 pm

lol just had my farmer on the phone . theres 100s of rabbits come & kill them :rolleyes: they are only kits :whistling:

#79 Phantom

Phantom

Pro hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,011 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:55 pm

lol just had my farmer on the phone . theres 100s of rabbits come & kill them http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub... they are only kits http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

Best go get your ass up there then before he gets someone who will knock em off!
Remember kits can breed at only a matter of weeks old and if you do the math one single breeding pair can be responsible for over a quater of a million offspring in one year (in ideal circumstances and no predation).

#80 stealthy1

stealthy1

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 15,427 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:19 pm

If kits are doing damage ,whack them, big adults doing no damage are not on the general list :thumbs:

#81 The one

The one

Honorary Life President of the THL New Member Welcoming Committe

• Donator
  • 39,099 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:32 pm

Kits grow into big rabbits and start breeding at weeks old and for every one the farmers see theres two they wont

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users