rabbit closed season

i was under the impression from reading a couple of articles if they where under X weeks old they get the virus but cannot die from it as there immune system has not developed enough for the virus to attack it properly and only have like a cold looking symptoms so they become immune. what you are saying all rabbits will die which does not appear to be happening my way as there numbers are picking up again but it went round like a wild fire last year

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It comes down to shooting for sport or shooting for vermin control again.   Rabbits are not too big a problem my way because of the terrain, with most problems coming from forestry, paddocks or larg

whats the opinion on a volountary close season for rabbits ? us old boys never hunted bunnies if there wasnt an R in the month ! all you hear is theres no rabbits anymore ,where have all the rabbits

in theory for sport i agree but rabbit is a pest species under the genral licence it doesnt stop eating crop or undermining hedgrows for 6 months of the year so its fair game all year for me ... term

Posted Images

i was under the impression from reading a couple of articles if they where under X weeks old they get the virus but cannot die from it as there immune system has not developed enough for the virus to attack it properly and only have like a cold looking symptoms so they become immune. what you are saying all rabbits will die which does not appear to be happening my way as there numbers are picking up again but it went round like a wild fire last year

Trua mate however with VHD it does not work like that...yes under 4 weeks they dont get it and normally they will live normal lives after..but because of the virus if one gets it when older thier imunity means nout it will kill 95-100% of all rabbits within 48 hours

lol just had my farmer on the phone . theres 100s of rabbits come & kill them :rolleyes: they are only kits :whistling:

Best go get your ass up there then before he gets someone who will knock em off!

Remember kits can breed at only a matter of weeks old and if you do the math one single breeding pair can be responsible for over a quater of a million offspring in one year (in ideal circumstances and no predation).