hunter wellies

i have recently bought some hunter classics like the ones in the link http://www.ukcovers.co.uk/acatalog/Hunter_Wellingtons.html anyone got them and how would you rate them.is there anyway of treating them with anything so they last longer.was gonna get a pair of the originals but was told that the rubber is made in china and doesnt last long unlike the originals my dad brought about 10 year ago.

good hunting

rew

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I HAD A PAIR MATE, THE WERE CUMFY AND WERE STROGER RUBBER THAN THE OLD ONES WE USED TO GET.

BUT. THE LINEING IN MINE WORE AROUND THE BACK OF THE ANCLE WERE YOUR ACHILIES TENDON IS.

THIS THEN RUBBED THE AREA MAKING IT SORE AND IMPOSIBLE TO WALK IN .I ENDED UP PUTING GAFFER TAPE ROUND MY FOOT TO STOP IT. BUT IN THE END THE WENT IN THE BIN :cry: .

I HAD A GOOD RECOMENDATION FOR THE MUCK BOOTS. (wellies)

ANYBODY ELSE RECOMEND THEM?

Guest MOLLY

I used to wear the normal old style hunters. I know things have probably improved but i found them so crap i would never even buy any of their new stuff now.

Aigle for me, ive had these ones over 2 years, i spend 3/4 of my life in wellies and walk ALOT. The hunters would have been split and even more slippy than they normally are, but these are as good as the day they were bought. I suffer from cold feet, the neoprene lining in these is superb so even when standing about alot when ratting my feet are the only things warm :D

MOLL.

Aigle same as mollys and le chameau are the best....had some hunter galloways, gave them away only on the basis of I wanted something with a rigid sole but they were ok...