hunter wellies

Guest ARTEMIS

I use my family's cast-off hiking boots until they wear out - or buy any old hiking boot thing from www.mandmdirect.com sometimes they have the basic hunter wellies - it's a good place to get yer kids trainers too!

Hi-tech waterproof hiking boots are good for the price (usually around £30) - really!

I walk a lot (I think!) - over 35 miles per week between mon and fri, half of that with my 3y old on my back!

Edited by ARTEMIS

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi i work for a animal feedstore with a tack shop i do most of the sourcing of products and have met most of the reps if your looking for a decent pair of boots and arnt botherd on price the LE CHAMEAU range are the best very pricy but every boot is hand made i have visited the vactory in france its f*****g amazing how they do it perfect every time if your looking for a lower priced boot then muckers r the best warm dry and breathable i have these my self

hunters although once the best boot on the market were brought out about two years ago and nearly went bust so the quality sufferd !!.

out of all the boots we have returned because of faults hunters and joules are on a weekly basis dont want to spoil your purchase but if you havent worn them yet i would take them back and get a diffrent pair to aviod dissapointment :D

p.s hunters are staring to make a come back but i personly dont trust them any more

lowa's are the army mans choice of boot

Edited by ferret15
Guest ARTEMIS

I'm sure mine are the OLD hunters - got them from a closing down sale about 6 or 7 years ago - and they're kids size too - so only cost me about £20 (they're the basic ones though).....for basic wellies they've been hard-wearing and a good fit (not too baggy on the width) as wellies go......

Cant stand Wellies, Good pair of boots for me everytime :yes:

My feet f*****g freeze in them, if im standing around for 1/2 hour or so waiting on a drive or Ferreting then I cant feel my feet lol! For Summer I got a pair of Merrel walking shoes and Dickies boots. For winter I have been using Derri boots, they do look abit gay but are warm and comfy :thumbs-up: Thinking of getting a pair of Berretas or something similar of Cabelas :hmm:

It's boots for me too.....got my wellies out last night for a mooch on a cattle farm in Cheshire, hilly as feck....kept the slop off me strides but had a proper sweat on worried i'd end up on me arse most of the time.... :icon_redface: .....that an the ankle's turnin....shite support!!!!!

I have always used Hunters apart from one pair of boots from John Norris which lasted me about 3 mths, my last pair of Hunters after about 3 years gave way on the front sole! and cracked straight across the tread so this time I fancy somthing different...

The Mucker Tay boots are in my price and look like a good hard wearing boot which I'll probably go for next time, anyone else on the list use them and how do they rate them??

Cheers

Jasper

Guest ripstop

BEEN THROUGH LOADS OF WELLIES - HUNTER AIGLE ETC AND HIKING BOOTS - BLENHEIM WELLIES ARE TOP QUALITY AND IM HEAVY AS F88K ON MY FOOTWEAR GOOD SOLES GOOD ZIP NEO LINED AND COMFY. JUST GOT A PAIR OF LOWA MOUNTAIN FROM AN EBAY COMPANY FOR £107 GUARRANTEED FOR ONE YEAR BEST PRICE ABOUT ID SAY. USED TO GET SICK OF GOING OUT AND COMING BACK SOAKING WET BUT NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THESE TWO ITEMS OF FOOTWEAR SPEND A BIT AND ITLL SAVE YOU A LOT OF MONEY IN THE LONG RUN - LOOK AFTER THEM AND THEYLL LOOK AFTER YOU :clapper: