Guest ragumup
HEY RAGUMUP,

CAN YOU TELL ME WHICH ESTATE YOU KEEP,

AS I NEED SOME DEER IN ABOUT 6 MONTHS AND A FEW PHEASANTS,

IF ME AND THE LAD'S, DONT'T RING BEFORE WE COME,WE WILL BE IN A DARK BLUE SUBARU WITH SIX BULLX'S

POST CODE WOULD BE GOOD SO I CAN GOOGLE IT,

AA ROUTE PLANNER AND ALL THAT I'AM HOPELESS WITH A MAP,BUT GOOD WITH A LAMP MIND :)

AND A GRID REFERENCE FOR ALL YOUR PENS WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL.

CHEERS MATEY MILLIE :) PS IF WE HAVE TIME,WE WILL CALL IN FOR A CHAT :D :ph34r: .. AND SHOW YOU WHAT WE CAUGHT

:D :whistle:

Well as long as you show me what you caught that makes all the difference, ill keep my eye out for your blue subaru ;)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i'm sorry for asking,seeing as it's hard to get permission,i wondered if i asked differently

for a similar thing,would i still get any invites?I'm NOT asking for permission,only an invite to YOUR

permission or a day out here and there in return for any thing i could help out with,all the best,

Higgins. :D

Guest little_lloyd

Anybody watch "The Shooting Party" on BBC 4 tonight? It's a film set on an Edwardian "big bag" driven game shoot, not great, (the book's a bit better). Check out the fate of the lurcherman at the end.........

What time?

Anybody watch "The Shooting Party" on BBC 4 tonight? It's a film set on an Edwardian "big bag" driven game shoot, not great, (the book's a bit better). Check out the fate of the lurcherman at the end.........

What time?

If you watch the 'Shooting Party' - those were my 4 spaniels filmed around the woodland dinner table and at the railway station ;)

OTC

anyone asking for permission should state age, area, whether they drive, what they want to do etc give a cv!

And as for gaining permission for people who have little....don't ask for it, ask to help out or go beating, don't talk about what your dog kills illegally, be hlpful and ask to be taught, whether you know it or not, it is there ground be humble

all i did 3 years ago was ask for a job with a keeper, he said they wouldn't pay me but i could help for free so i did! i did as was asked, i was punctual and polite, 6 months later i was allowed to stalk some rabbits 0n a small bit of ground, then 6months later i was allowed to be put up highseats and shoot rabbits, then allowed to take his shotgun out and shoot squirrels and foxes of an evening. now i have the sole lamping permission on 4700 acres of prime surrey ground! no-one else is allowed out but i f****n earnt it!! and due to beating on the same estates as that keeper for his mates on other estates i have had to turn away 3000maybe 4000 acres of permission cos i can't cope with the game on the first alone!! after 1 year i've just about cleared up 300acres worth! but i never once asked for permission it was all offered!!

:laugh::laugh: you might be good with the lamp but from what i hear your dogs are shite, even jack on rabbits :blink::blink: get back in touch when you have some decent stuff to run with.. ;)

I,am not tomo :stupid:

Edited by millie

The lad that s been hunting for 27 years may well have been but his communication skills wern't perfected along the way .Cant see many keepers giving a total stranger permission to hunt, off the internet .Get out and earn it like most of us have .

Guest little_lloyd
That 'shooting party' thing was not on

I meant "Did anbody watch". It was shown Saturday night, 21:00. No doubt it'll be repeated.

SHIT :angry: I was looking forward to that and all :cry: darnt :laugh:

• 2 months later...
Guest nfp20

there is an old saying... you catch more with honey than with vinegar. I can't believe the dreadful attitude that some of you have on here with regard to people that you are basically asking a favour of :hmm:

I've been given so many opportunities because I'm prepared to travel, I never expect anything for nothing, accept that no is sometimes going to be the answer given and that you have to work your socks off sometimes to get permission to do things.

Most keepers like a bit of free labour at certain times of the year - offer your help, get to know them and then ask your favour.

How could you find out about game keepers in your area???

My dogs going to be ready to enter to rabbits this season and i dont know where to start in securing some permission??? Is there anybody who is willing to allow me out with them on there permission sometime? I dont mind travelling a reasonable distance any help would be grately appreciated!!!!

Thanks Ant

Earlier this afternoon i was going about my normal buisness when a gang of about 15-20chavs came bounding down the footpath requesting i took them to thw owner. I said i was one of the keepers and they noticed a trap tunnel and began to talk about it (MUST BE THEM WHO WHERE SETTING THEM OF :censored: ) Anyway they began to say could they come down and bring there dogs n guns etc. I said what ive bin told to say which was no beacuse we already had people inluding myself doing it all :tongue2: They then buggered off and told me they would be back! As it was only me a little 17 year old i did not want to get into a fight or nuffen :no: I then went and told the owner of all the land who is going to watching when im not about.... i also rang my mate who does all the wooldnad manegmant who was away up north he said he was going to bring his gun down when he gets back and where going to wait for them.

If these people approched me with a polite and social maner insted of shouting,swearing, drinking etc i might of considered them helping out :yes:

NO YOU WOULDN'T!