when i left school my dad give me one piece advice he said son the world dont owe you a living you have got to go out and earn one. so i gess that applys to you with your permission .us keepers dont owe you anythining and we aint all twats. does it make sence :hmm:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nfp20

there are lots of ways to find out about your local keepers:

Ask in your local gun shop

Contact the National Organisation of Gamekeepers - if your a student keeper you get a huge discount on membership

Go to your local Game fair

Check out the NOBs website - they often have keepers or people who are already doing what you want to do that might be prepared to give you a bit of experience

Take a look in the back of the shooting magasines look for the ads that are selling of shooting days or birds and contact them (apologise for disturbing them and then ASK their ADVICE first)

worst case take a walk minus the dog with a note in an envelope in a waterproof cover on the note introduce yourself and ask if they could get in touch make sure you leave your phone number and pin it to somewhere obvious that the keep will find it (main gate etc) don't leave it on his pen they might get a bit annoyed that you've disturbed the birds...

Earlier this afternoon i was going about my normal buisness when a gang of about 15-20chavs came bounding down the footpath requesting i took them to thw owner. I said i was one of the keepers and they noticed a trap tunnel and began to talk about it (MUST BE THEM WHO WHERE SETTING THEM OF :censored: ) Anyway they began to say could they come down and bring there dogs n guns etc. I said what ive bin told to say which was no beacuse we already had people inluding myself doing it all :tongue2: They then buggered off and told me they would be back! As it was only me a little 17 year old i did not want to get into a fight or nuffen :no: I then went and told the owner of all the land who is going to watching when im not about.... i also rang my mate who does all the wooldnad manegmant who was away up north he said he was going to bring his gun down when he gets back and where going to wait for them.

If these people approched me with a polite and social maner insted of shouting,swearing, drinking etc i might of considered them helping out :yes:

NO YOU WOULDN'T!

lloyd, No offence but that sounds like complete and utter bullshit :rofl::haha:

What were you and your mate planning on doing with this gun? :blink:

Guest lurchers n lamps
Not a gamekeeper story as such, but I was out on a bit years ago, I knew the guy who shepherded it, he was my cross country running trainer at primary school so I figured if he came along I would just say hello and take it from there. Sure enough one day he came along on the quad bike and then he saw it was me and he was like "Oh its YOU" :laugh: and he says to me if youd just have came and asked me I would have given you permission. Now this bit had a clay shoot on it, a rough shoot, a pheasant shoot and was part of an estate, he was just the tenant farmer/shepherd, so I said to him thats bollocks if I came and asked you for permission you would tell me to get lost and after a wee pause to think about it, he was like "yeah your right enough I would have" :laugh: so I just kept going on and now and then he would catch me, go through his routine speech about not coming back and I would nod and let it go in one ear and out the other. I dont like permission, you have to ask if you can do this and ask if you can do that, and go yes sir no sir three bags full sir, I cant take orders from anyone so I just exercise my right to roam as anyone in Scotland is entitled to do. If your dogs under control and you dont have any illegal quarry on you then they cant do f**k all. I only go looking for rabbits and rats anyway so I am ok :D

if youv not got premission and your after rabbits its still illegal. it comes under the game scotland act. which is trespassing on agricultural land whithout premission in the unlawfull presuit of game.

and seriosly mate jus cause [NO TEXT TALK] dnt like premission dont give you the right to poach

Guest little_lloyd
Earlier this afternoon i was going about my normal buisness when a gang of about 15-20chavs came bounding down the footpath requesting i took them to thw owner. I said i was one of the keepers and they noticed a trap tunnel and began to talk about it (MUST BE THEM WHO WHERE SETTING THEM OF :censored: ) Anyway they began to say could they come down and bring there dogs n guns etc. I said what ive bin told to say which was no beacuse we already had people inluding myself doing it all :tongue2: They then buggered off and told me they would be back! As it was only me a little 17 year old i did not want to get into a fight or nuffen :no: I then went and told the owner of all the land who is going to watching when im not about.... i also rang my mate who does all the wooldnad manegmant who was away up north he said he was going to bring his gun down when he gets back and where going to wait for them.

If these people approched me with a polite and social maner insted of shouting,swearing, drinking etc i might of considered them helping out :yes:

NO YOU WOULDN'T!

I admit theres some exageration in there :yes:

But that afternoon a few kids did come down the footpath. What the craic is is that there is an old cave (featured on time team) and they wanted to have a look at that, so i took them to where it is and showed them but it was all locked up. Then i got talking with one of them about shooting and he asked if he could bring his BSA lightning air rifle down to shoot a few pidgeons, i had to say no as me and my mates cover that. So they went back on down the footapath towards the village. I went and told Bernard my boss who said he would be looking out for them in the future as for there own safetly you dont want people getting stuck in caves or getting accedently shot do you? :no:

Guest lurchers n lamps

NO YOU WOULDN'T!

But that afternoon a few kids did come down the footpath. What the craic is is that there is an old cave (featured on time team) and they wanted to have a look at that, so i took them to where it is and showed them but it was all locked up. Then i got talking with one of them about shooting and he asked if he could bring his BSA lightning air rifle down to shoot a few pidgeons, i had to say no as me and my mates cover that. So they went back on down the footapath towards the village. I went and told Bernard my boss who said he would be looking out for them in the future as for there own safetly you dont want people getting stuck in caves or getting accedently shot do you? :no:

tats not a bit of exageration thats a complte and utter lie lol

Guest little_lloyd

NO YOU WOULDN'T!

Make of it as you will!

Take this link to the time team website about their visit to the cave in september 2001 :tongue2:

http://www.channel4.com/history/microsites...e/2001alv_.html

Edited by little_lloyd
  • 1 month later...

Was having this conversation with a pal last night and to be honest the only way to get permission is to get off your arse and go and find it........

As for Nikeys experience.......thats a bad fecking turnout......and to be truthfull Nikey and his Da have probly paid the price for every fecking gang of nobs who ever stepped foot on the ground.

Its allways the pricks that feck it up for the genuine lads........

NO YOU WOULDN'T!

Make of it as you will!

Take this link to the time team website about their visit to the cave in september 2001 :tongue2:

well done lloyd you've just told everyone where you live they dont need an aa route planner or postal address now!!!

:wallbash:

the way i always look at permission is this,you should alawys go to the farm/estate dressed tidy be polite and courtious at all times if they say yes thank them very much for theyre time and arrange a time or give buisness card with numbers etc ask for a letter of permission and contact numbers...

if they say no,thank them for theyre time and be courtious.......

then go ahead do whatever you want at least you tried!!!!! :clapper: if you get caught and they say if you'de of asked we'd of given you permission you can laugh in theyre face because you already have asked!!! :doh:

Guest little_lloyd

NO YOU WOULDN'T!

Make of it as you will!

well done lloyd you've just told everyone where you live they dont need an aa route planner or postal address now!!!

the way i always look at permission is this,you should alawys go to the farm/estate dressed tidy be polite and courtious at all times if they say yes thank them very much for theyre time and arrange a time or give buisness card with numbers etc ask for a letter of permission and contact numbers...

then go ahead do whatever you want at least you tried!!!!! :clapper: if you get caught and they say if you'de of asked we'd of given you permission you can laugh in theyre face because you already have asked!!! :doh:

How have I??? I dont live on the shoot nor do i live in that village for a fact :feck: Your welcome round my house anytime :wub: Gary

NO YOU WOULDN'T!

Make of it as you will!

How have I??? I dont live on the shoot nor do i live in that village for a fact :feck: Your welcome round my house anytime :wub: Gary

ok so technically you got me there but you have told everyone where you are,there cant be that many kids walking around that village wearing a balaclava can there??? :feck: il not bother calling round tho ur mum makes a crap breakfast and wouldnt do half the stuff i asked her to do last time!!! :clapper:

bit naive fr me pmsl!!!

Guest little_lloyd

NO YOU WOULDN'T!

Make of it as you will!

ok so technically you got me there but you have told everyone where you are,there cant be that many kids walking around that village wearing a balaclava can there??? :feck: il not bother calling round tho ur mum makes a crap breakfast and wouldnt do half the stuff i asked her to do last time!!! :clapper:

bit naive fr me pmsl!!!

You managed to get the dog into what you wanted insted tho :whistling: Now everyone knows where my shoot it theres a gangbang in the woods everyone is invited,Oh and Gary ill be making the breakfast next morning :laugh:

NO YOU WOULDN'T!

Make of it as you will!

bit naive fr me pmsl!!!

You managed to get the dog into what you wanted insted tho :whistling: Now everyone knows where my shoot it theres a gangbang in the woods everyone is invited,Oh and Gary ill be making the breakfast next morning :laugh:

im not that kinda lad!ur best bet is the public toilets,or commons apparently theres a few labour mp's on the pull!! :clapper:

Anybody watch "The Shooting Party" on BBC 4 tonight? It's a film set on an Edwardian "big bag" driven game shoot, not great, (the book's a bit better). Check out the fate of the lurcherman at the end.........

What time?

If you watch the 'Shooting Party' - those were my 4 spaniels filmed around the woodland dinner table and at the railway station ;)

OTC

Top film James Masons last very merchant ivory!