Liars or am I doing something wrong?

Winchester have always been best for me with the CZ, but still, I would never attempt a 110 yrd + zero due to the lack of consistancy. Long shots are perfectly possible, I have certainly never said otherwise. I have had a few nice long shots, but mega long zero in the hope of consistant tight groups is something I would never bother with due to the inherant issues with wax coated rimfire ammo. And a big pinch off salt taken with claims of long range genius with what is effectively crap ammo.

my zero on my .22lr is 50y rake aboot :yes:

I don`t doubt it, this goes back to earlier threads,with some claiming massive distances for zeroing, And someones just in the huff with me cause I neglect to forget the utter bullshit they posted when they first came on THL.

ATB bud

Rake

well belive what you want you sound like a very anrgy man. my zero has always been 50 yards becuase you could not figure it out from my threads heres my ammo trajectory which has taken me months to perfect.

YMillYMill10-2.23105-2.715-0.74110-320-0.1115-3.3250.19120-3.7300.3125-4350.31130-4.3400.25135-4.6450.14140-5500145-5.455-0.17150-5.7560-0.36155-6.165-0.57160-6.470-0.8165-6.875-1.03170-7.180-1.29175-7.585-1.551807.990-1.82185-8.295-2.11190-8.5100-2.4195-8.8 200-9.1

just becuse your kit cannot do it and you cannot shot like me does not mean i cannot do it.

today i managed a 1.1 inch groups at 125y with 3 shots off a cheap bn q table with tripod.

shot a 102 y magpie with my .22lr 2 days ago (INSTANT KILL WITH FIRST SHOT) and a 115y pigeon with my fac airgun yesterday.

both were hit centre mass with the first shot in a little wind left ti right.

today i hit my plastic magpie target at the other side of the field every time. TIME AFTER TIME after time at 145y with my airgun and every time with my .22lr at 125y.

i don't expect you to believe me, i'm not bothered either way now. i know i can do it the more you dibelive the more i feel good about my shooting.

atb

Did you actually read my post before you answered ?

I said I did not doubt you, so where did all your "angry man " just because your kit cant do it ! etc etc come from.I feel good blah blah I think maybe you like a wee boast to yourself eh?? not every one on this hunting site uses a target rifle.

I reckon you sound like the angry one, jumping in with insults without bothering to read the replies,, but hey ho, bash on mate, means nowt

if you don't doubt what i am saying then thats ok fair enough.

but you do sound like an angry man rake a. maybe its just the way it reads.

like you said its just banter so it all ok live and let live.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems to me you speak the most sense on this thread Paul. Thanks to the ignore facility, I'm missing the worst of it lol!

Winchester super x subs have always been the most consistant I have used. They will hit out to silly distances but like all subs they will not do it regularly and with consistant accuracy, the toleran

and most of all, those that boast the most, normally do the least

Just read some of the recent posts and I think shit hot that's why I started this conversation.

I totally agree ammo is inaccurate and a .22 is an inside the 100 gun for consistency more like 75 or 85 for a clean kill everytime, good job some of us are not made of wood or there wood be some massive noses.

Also I think I must have been reading a story book earlier because I'm sure no body would seriously think they could get a 1.1" group at 125 and do even better and hit a magpie 145 with an airifle. My .22 rapier is at 30.2ftp anymore you burn the tails I have a shinsung which will go about 61.04ftp and at that the gun is useless no pellet can tolerate the turbulence or heat stop telling fibs the truth is you may fluke it sometime. I'm out of here had it up to neck. In my opinion a .22 rf is a short-range rifle which will easily kill at a hundred but not accurately you'll be hitting rabbits in the guts and all over yeah the odd head shot at 100 and just outside, and the odd 200+ yarder fluke shot which is exactly what it is full stop!

its fairly simple the 22lr was introduced to take over from the old rook and rabbit rifle of various calibres. was always ment to be and still is a short range vermin gun hence the need for subsonic rounds. yes theres target versions and even olympic events for it, but at the end of the day it is what it is and im afraid sniper material it aint :thumbs:

• Like 1

Just read some of the recent posts and I think shit hot that's why I started this conversation.

I totally agree ammo is inaccurate and a .22 is an inside the 100 gun for consistency more like 75 or 85 for a clean kill everytime, good job some of us are not made of wood or there wood be some massive noses.

Also I think I must have been reading a story book earlier because I'm sure no body would seriously think they could get a 1.1" group at 125 and do even better and hit a magpie 145 with an airifle. My .22 rapier is at 30.2ftp anymore you burn the tails I have a shinsung which will go about 61.04ftp and at that the gun is useless no pellet can tolerate the turbulence or heat stop telling fibs the truth is you may fluke it sometime. I'm out of here had it up to neck. In my opinion a .22 rf is a short-range rifle which will easily kill at a hundred but not accurately you'll be hitting rabbits in the guts and all over yeah the odd head shot at 100 and just outside, and the odd 200+ yarder fluke shot which is exactly what it is full stop!

So what it comes down to, for you, is because you can't do it no one else can? Never mind any other range, I'm talking about 100 metres which you say can't be hit within an inch consistently?

So, if I bought a good batch of .22, let's say 100,000 rounds, then I'd be a master for the rest of my life?

As I said, talk is cheap but enough people, myself included have open invites. I'll be making a video in the next few weeks and making a big noise about it too :D

• Like 1

Close but 8.6meters short of the 100 meter mark, but I'm not knocking it no way that is top shooting hardly looks the best day for it either. Also we never saw him measure it though I never watched the whole clip, Christ I'm gonna get a kicking for this ha ha! Top shooting high five from me.

strange thing is the guys that shoot the live stuff day in day out disagree and the paper punchers agree, yes if you zero at the range it is possible but in practical terms for pest control and for the sake of being humane its not practical end off :thumbs:

• Like 2

strange thing is the guys that shoot the live stuff day in day out disagree and the paper punchers agree, yes if you zero at the range it is possible but in practical terms for pest control and for the sake of being humane its not practical end off :thumbs:

Seems to me you speak the most sense on this thread Paul. Thanks to the ignore facility, I'm missing the worst of it lol! :laugh:

• Like 2

Seems to me you speak the most sense on this thread Paul. Thanks to the ignore facility, I'm missing the worst of it lol! :laugh:

wont make no difference some japanese sniper who`s cousin twice removed was in the sas will say different :laugh:

:thumbs: We all know 100 is ok with the .22rf in ideal conditions on the range, but this guy does not even rest his right elbow on the rock to shoot, unless my eyes are decieving me. Cameras are very clever things though and its amazing what they have you believe.

I am not saying it cant be done because I know it can, but targets and live quarry, are different, because it doesnt matter if you pull a shot on a target. The point I am trying to make is that although I can put down tight groups with various different rifles at long range, that alone doesnt make it suitable for vermin shooting at that distance.

• Like 1