Liars or am I doing something wrong?

How do I put photos on here, shot a few rounds off myself today and can't seem to upload them. Unless I can email one of you guys who can do it who will put them on for me. By the way not bad at all with shite ammo show us the subs!

i put them on photobucket and then click the picture symbol centre bottom row.

i buy my eley sub hollow points by the 500 at £43 i have to go 30 miles to get them.

Edited by riflehunter583

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems to me you speak the most sense on this thread Paul. Thanks to the ignore facility, I'm missing the worst of it lol!

Winchester super x subs have always been the most consistant I have used. They will hit out to silly distances but like all subs they will not do it regularly and with consistant accuracy, the toleran

and most of all, those that boast the most, normally do the least

Nope can't get them on I'll have to find someone I can email them to and they'll do it for me. Shame got a nice head shot fox over 400 but not quite sure finder wouldnt go any further prob 420 ish. Eley subs I pay £4.99 for 50 for the .22.

Dunc, not sure where your located, your welcome to have a go with my Anschutz.

Likes Eleys and I have quite a good scope that helps with the longer range.

Very accurate, as stated though occasionaly the odd one goes astray for no obvious reason.

I have no rabbits left on my permissions (I am a good shot, nothing to do with mixy!!!)so tend to spend a couple of hours a week paper punching at varying ranges.

Its an interesting lr, certainly the best ive ever had.

Never had anything but a cz in the .22 just got a brand new varmint 452 that's heavy barrel, got some nice leopold scopes on it just a regular sak mod it's silent to be honest mate. Always have bought the cheaper.22's because I find I have to lay them down alot to pick up and sort out my kills and wouldn't want to ruin a good stock on an expensive gun.

I'm lucky as hell as far as permission goes I shoot a place called luscumbe estate owned by sir David whore he owns a bank worth millions, I think that's about 3500 acres so I can give my other permission nice long rests without starving myself of good sport all year long so lucky there really. I'm based in Devon so plenty of greenery to wonder around.

To be honest my gun will only shoot eley's to any accuracy and won't even chamber cci's. I'm not a bad shot myself put 15 rounds threw an inch at at 80 meters today must have a good box because so far no flyers at all, but the last lot I had some of them flew two and thre inchs off where I wanted them " strange" leamanneil@yahoo.co.uk send me your email got some well interesting photos you'd like which is why I started the 1"group thing.

I agree but your not looking for a group your looking for a single shot into an area of about 2 inch you need to try it on paper, Sure you wont get it straight away but you will learn quick, as long as you have a sound approach and treat every shot a single kill not part of a group you will be surprised.

rich, you're talking bollocks.

A group is just a collection of individual shots.

I don't shoot groups, I treat each shot individually.

If I have the same point of aim on each shot, but the point of impact is different, then my group will be a large one.

Now, if I'm lucky and the shot I take at a rabbit happens to be one of the "good" ones then the result is one dead rabbit.

However, if I'm unlucky and the bullet fired at the rabbit is one of the bad ones then I will at best miss completely, and at worst wound the animal I'm shooting at.

A group is a good indicator of the accuracy of the round at a given range. Logical reasoning tells us that if your rifle/ammunition combination can't shoot a tight group at a given range, then the chance of hitting a target of a given size is reduced.

To state that group size is irrelevant shows a lack of understanding of the statistics of the situation!

Matt i think you will find that my post was concerning rabbit shooting at 100yrds +, not shooting 1" groups at 100yrds i doubt if i could do that and have never claimed i could. my post does say that its not about shooting groups its about treating every shot as a single shot and i then said you should try it on paper. i think i was trying to explain to Duncan that he would be surprised with his own shooting ability if he tried it, much more than that i cant comment as that post was along way back and i cant be bothered to look, to be quite honest i dont care for buggering about shooting groups for anything other than testing new ammo out. But thank you for defining the word group for me your help on that has been invaluable. xx

I agree but your not looking for a group your looking for a single shot into an area of about 2 inch you need to try it on paper, Sure you wont get it straight away but you will learn quick, as long as you have a sound approach and treat every shot a single kill not part of a group you will be surprised.

rich, you're talking bollocks.

A group is just a collection of individual shots.

I don't shoot groups, I treat each shot individually.

If I have the same point of aim on each shot, but the point of impact is different, then my group will be a large one.

Now, if I'm lucky and the shot I take at a rabbit happens to be one of the "good" ones then the result is one dead rabbit.

However, if I'm unlucky and the bullet fired at the rabbit is one of the bad ones then I will at best miss completely, and at worst wound the animal I'm shooting at.

A group is a good indicator of the accuracy of the round at a given range. Logical reasoning tells us that if your rifle/ammunition combination can't shoot a tight group at a given range, then the chance of hitting a target of a given size is reduced.

To state that group size is irrelevant shows a lack of understanding of the statistics of the situation!

Matt i think you will find that my post was concerning rabbit shooting at 100yrds +, not shooting 1" groups at 100yrds i doubt if i could do that and have never claimed i could. my post does say that its not about shooting groups its about treating every shot as a single shot and i then said you should try it on paper. i think i was trying to explain to Duncan that he would be surprised with his own shooting ability if he tried it, much more than that i cant comment as that post was along way back and i cant be bothered to look, to be quite honest i dont care for buggering about shooting groups for anything other than testing new ammo out. But thank you for defining the word group for me your help on that has been invaluable. xx

Those that can , do etc etc etc etc eh Rich,?? sounds like backtracking to me, but then you have done a bit of that before ,haven`t you ?? 177 for rabbits anyone ? Tallyho !! hahahahahaha

Rake aboot you are a pilock i have never said i can do that group at that range i think you may find that that the original post sugested that 22 lr is hopeless after 80yrds or something along those lines, i have never suggested that i can shoot that group, its not something that interests me, but i do know that i can shoot rabbits way past 100yrd consistanly, the post of mine that was in question was trying to convince someone that they would be surprised how well they can shoot with a bit of practice and yes i think those that can can and those that cant cant.

i doubt if i could get a 1" group consistantly at 100yrds, because its not my thing and i would not be interested in trying, as stated.

I think your problem is that you are too much of a play ground bully and just like to try and cause trouble or more likely that you were bullied and you try to get your own back on life by sitting behind your PC acting the Man while your nice and safe at home with mummy cooking your dinner, before you go sneaking off to your bedroom for a quick shake over some internet pawn or chat room. try and grow up a bit and stop being so angry with life, getting on with people is much more rewarding than trying to cause problems. xxx

Rake aboot you are a pilock i have never said i can do that group at that range i think you may find that that the original post sugested that 22 lr is hopeless after 80yrds or something along those lines, i have never suggested that i can shoot that group, its not something that interests me, but i do know that i can shoot rabbits way past 100yrd consistanly, the post of mine that was in question was trying to convince someone that they would be surprised how well they can shoot with a bit of practice and yes i think those that can can and those that cant cant.

i doubt if i could get a 1" group consistantly at 100yrds, because its not my thing and i would not be interested in trying, as stated.

I think your problem is that you are too much of a play ground bully and just like to try and cause trouble or more likely that you were bullied and you try to get your own back on life by sitting behind your PC acting the Man while your nice and safe at home with mummy cooking your dinner, before you go sneaking off to your bedroom for a quick shake over some internet pawn or chat room. try and grow up a bit and stop being so angry with life, getting on with people is much more rewarding than trying to cause problems. xxx

I know, you are correct of course, it`s just that you are such a twat. I can`t help myself. Anyway, back to my mummies dinner.

:icon_eek: round and round it goes :laugh:

How about we all extend the chat and increase it to, what do you and and how would you measure a group? It seems that there are many opinions about that alone. After all the 100m grouping thing seems to have thinned out to a degree of almost nothing and just plane old boring. I have been made aware there are two types of grouping not one, forget ranges pick your own. When I measure my groups I draw a one inch square and aim for it if all five round are within the square that's a one inch group if one round is outside the square the square extends equally on all four sides until that stray is within the box and that's your group. I have seen people firing say ten or more rounds into a piece of let's say a4 paper and quite frankly covering it in holes, then measuring a few which are close together and saying they shot a two inch group because they are together. No you never you shot a 9" plus group you can't just discount the wide ones!

This is directed toward no one on this site I went out this evening with three pals and two of them honestly believe that the four closest rounds out of the ten made there best group! Nobs! Ps shot a rabbit 174 meters today and before you ask yep fluke completely aimed high well high smashed it just below the ear!

Leamo, I draw a cross/dot and fire 5 rounds at it - I don't aim to hit it, just aim the crosshairs and fire. This means the maximum accuracy for your skill is achieved - you're not worrying about hitting a certain point just concentrating on the group that the rifle/ammunition can achieve.

Edited to add - if I have strays I know whether it's me or the ammo - as long as you're brutally honest you will know what's to blame. And you're right, translating paper groups into reality means not accepting 1 stray, as this would mean a miss or worse a bad hit on a live animal.

Edited by PlasticJock

Shoot a 3 or 5 rounds at a given aiming mark, and unless you call a flyer as you shoot, measure the distance between the two furthest hits, centre to centre, or edge to edge.

I agree leamo, I have colleages who will shoot 5 rounds and then only measure the best 3 which is b+locks.

We have probably all shot a few rounds, where the first ones have been clover leafing and then later ones have been a bit further away.

Omg nice to be civil firstly plastic jock cheers...

Well I'm sort of the same, I have a clamp basically I stick in the ground and the gun is strapped to it so basically there is no movement, I put a board at the end of the garden and basically put a whole block threw the gun nice and slow so the barrel doesn't get hot. I put no mark I just expect the last to follow the first. Eley subs so far work best for me.

Obviously free standing or on the bipod prone or which ever position you shoot from in my opinion all rounds are counted.

Lost a tenner to my brother today. The bet was 20 rounds in an inch at eighty meters I had one stray it went about 15mm off me or the gun me I think it was the last one. But basically I use graph paper an inch is an inch and all must be counted.

• Like 1

Omg nice to be civil firstly plastic jock cheers...

Well I'm sort of the same, I have a clamp basically I stick in the ground and the gun is strapped to it so basically there is no movement, I put a board at the end of the garden and basically put a whole block threw the gun nice and slow so the barrel doesn't get hot. I put no mark I just expect the last to follow the first. Eley subs so far work best for me.

Obviously free standing or on the bipod prone or which ever position you shoot from in my opinion all rounds are counted.

Lost a tenner to my brother today. The bet was 20 rounds in an inch at eighty meters I had one stray it went about 15mm off me or the gun me I think it was the last one. But basically I use graph paper an inch is an inch and all must be counted.

:feck::laugh:

All good things, yes there are strays all the time however as I said once you find that 'magic' batch you can do it all day. Realistically I don't shoot at greater than 80 metres in real life, though it can be done I feel part of the skill is getting close enough :thumbs:

: