Liars or am I doing something wrong?

Funny thing is I kind of agree and there has been various different remarks and comments from all types and most on a completely different wavelength, all I asked basically is it possible to hit a one inch group at a hundred meters with a .22rf consistently or am I listening to bullshit. Personally a one inch group nope I have never done it or seen it not at that distance outside with a standard hunting rifle. This of course leads to people saying they shoot rabbits at that distance, well so could I but not humainly I could hit them in the head or smash there back legs off no problem but choose to get a bit closer to ensure the head shot. My personal opinion is it's a short range weapon not capable of putting five or ten rounds into an inch group time after time like you could between 20 and 80. Had someone on here the other day saying they could do 140 yrds with an airifle DON'T LIE YOU'LL GO TO HELL! Ps I'm not upset I can't do it ill just use my hmr problem solved, but your mum will be knowing you tell lies hehehe!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems to me you speak the most sense on this thread Paul. Thanks to the ignore facility, I'm missing the worst of it lol!

Winchester super x subs have always been the most consistant I have used. They will hit out to silly distances but like all subs they will not do it regularly and with consistant accuracy, the toleran

and most of all, those that boast the most, normally do the least

The funny thing with this one, is that some of those fac air rifles are capable of some amazing stuff.

I remember reading in one of the airgun rags years back about some aussie guy head shooting rabbits at about 120 odd yards with a 20fpe bsa pcp. For out and out precision, i think pcp's beat rimmies in the consistency stakes.

The funny thing with this one, is that some of those fac air rifles are capable of some amazing stuff.

I remember reading in one of the airgun rags years back about some aussie guy head shooting rabbits at about 120 odd yards with a 20fpe bsa pcp. For out and out precision, i think pcp's beat rimmies in the consistency stakes.

thats new ok, but i have heard so many people talking about deflection, pellet problems and general problems with high powered air rifles think u may have a hard time trying to float that brick

I have two pcps the shinsung is capable of 60ftp at that power you wouldn't hit even something the size of Dawn french's ass the pellets can't take it. I also have an rws rapier.22 pcp I run at 30 FT, they have no recoil and at that power will go threw standard decking boards at fifty paces and that particular gun us more accurate than anything I have ever shot in my life due to the fact it doesn't move they're stupidly accurate really. I tried selling it on it the other day infrared set up the lot about £1200 for £850 but never even got a sniff. But 140yrds 1" pft I'm off to bed.

The amount of backtracking is amazing :laugh:

''Oh.... um.... Ahem.... Well yes I know it can be done but it's not practical in real life...''

The original question was ''Can you shoot a 1 inch group at 100 yards with a .22lr rifle?''

Yes you can, obviously. Never mind hunting, that was never mentioned in the first place before certain people decided to rip into those who said they could do it.

Now the inevitable happens: ''Cameras are amazing nowadays you never know what you're looking at, he could have just edited it...''

Poor chap plastic jock obviously can't divulge information unless it's in small sentances with little words.

I suggest you read it again I said it's not possible to hit a one inch group!

I did say I can hit rabbits at 100 meters but unless rabbits have shrunk since the last time I went out they are larger than an inch square by a fare bit as I recall. But I do agree entirely on the subject of being humane to animals. Quote i choose to move closer for the head shot, and personally nope I have never done or seen it!

Morning all.

Poor chap plastic jock obviously can't divulge information unless it's in small sentances with little words.

I suggest you read it again I said it's not possible to hit a one inch group!

I did say I can hit rabbits at 100 meters but unless rabbits have shrunk since the last time I went out they are larger than an inch square by a fare bit as I recall. But I do agree entirely on the subject of being humane to animals. Quote i choose to move closer for the head shot, and personally nope I have never done or seen it!

Morning all.

Leamo, firstly, wind your neck back in. You asked a question on a forum and people from both sides of the fence have bothered to respond, when they needn't have done as you are obviously incapable of hitting an inch at 100 yards consistently and refuse to believe anything else.

Secondly, if you want me to use 'big words' then just ask. I am more than capable of producing eloquent literary statements to appease people like you, perhaps it makes you feel special?

Thirdly, I suggest you watch the video again, taking note of the weather and firers position, and then tell me it can't be done.

Fourthly, you never mentioned rabbits in the OP. You asked ''Is it possible to shoot a 1 inch group at 100 yards?'', so don't try changing the subject and backtracking. I'll post a video as promised in the next few weeks.

Firstly the video if the one posted on here is the one you are talking about is in yrds not meters so may i suggest you watch it again and you will spot this on the target written in pen, the video which i have watched and also praised up because of the conditions and not knocked like some have done over tampering accusations.

Secondly I only made a statement which was in conection to a comment made about humane killing, and you are absolutely correct that hunting was not mentioned in the original question but I am aware of this as I asked the question. I was involving someone who was polite enough to engage me in conversation.

I also have openly admitted I cannot hit a one inch group at 100 meters more than once and believe I did this in the opening question, the best I have achieved is maybe a 1.8 or 2.

I think I have answered all of your questions and indeed made you look a fool, as you have no argument or case to be so I'll mannered and I have covered all of your spouting and nonsense with credible answers.

Finally as for the shooters position I would say he is more than comfortable there as he is making a promotional clip and if he wasn't he would move. I look forward to seeing your video of repeatedly hitting 100 with 1" and if you do it will give you the praise you deserve as I have said I cannot do it nor have seen it.

Funny thing is I kind of agree and there has been various different remarks and comments from all types and most on a completely different wavelength, all I asked basically is it possible to hit a one inch group at a hundred meters with a .22rf consistently or am I listening to bullshit. Personally a one inch group nope I have never done it or seen it not at that distance outside with a standard hunting rifle. This of course leads to people saying they shoot rabbits at that distance, well so could I but not humainly I could hit them in the head or smash there back legs off no problem but choose to get a bit closer to ensure the head shot. My personal opinion is it's a short range weapon not capable of putting five or ten rounds into an inch group time after time like you could between 20 and 80. Had someone on here the other day saying they could do 140 yrds with an airifle DON'T LIE YOU'LL GO TO HELL! Ps I'm not upset I can't do it ill just use my hmr problem solved, but your mum will be knowing you tell lies hehehe!

They may not be lying pal, the PCP's are bloody good for reasons previously mentioned. Have a look at this guy shooting his 32ft lb at 200m. Admittedly again he is target shooting in absolutly ideal conditions.

Firstly the video if the one posted on here is the one you are talking about is in yrds not meters so may i suggest you watch it again and you will spot this on the target written in pen, the video which i have watched and also praised up because of the conditions and not knocked like some have done over tampering accusations.

Secondly I only made a statement which was in conection to a comment made about humane killing, and you are absolutely correct that hunting was not mentioned in the original question but I am aware of this as I asked the question. I was involving someone who was polite enough to engage me in conversation.

I also have openly admitted I cannot hit a one inch group at 100 meters more than once and believe I did this in the opening question, the best I have achieved is maybe a 1.8 or 2.

I think I have answered all of your questions and indeed made you look a fool, as you have no argument or case to be so I'll mannered and I have covered all of your spouting and nonsense with credible answers.

Finally as for the shooters position I would say he is more than comfortable there as he is making a promotional clip and if he wasn't he would move. I look forward to seeing your video of repeatedly hitting 100 with 1" and if you do it will give you the praise you deserve as I have said I cannot do it nor have seen it.

I don't believe you've made me look like a fool and I won't be lowering myself to your childish point scoring exercise either.

Let's discuss your 'Credibility' shall we?

My opinion is based on facts, that is what I have seen and what I can do.

Your opinion is based on what you haven't seen, and what you can't as yet achieve.

So who's more credible?

Plenty of big shots in the shooting world, however not only have I made an open invite but also offered to post a video to clear this up once and for all.

Please don't assume others can't do what you can't, as this is what it all boils down to.

I'd be more than happy to take someone out as I've said, perhaps you haven't met anyone who will do this and is capable of shooting at this range, I don't know. If you're ever up Lothian or borders feel free to pm me :thumbs:

These are the facts I have said I can't do it I have said I would love to see it I have also said anyone who can show me it I'll buy a pint as it will spur me on to achieve it, they are facts.

You have said you can do it and that you have seen it and that you will post it, so to me these are not facts but claims because as yet I have still yet to see it and the difference between being told it and seeing it is obviously the difference between fact and fiction.

I also said if you could show me it would be great and I'd give you the praise and credit you deserve which again are facts.

I have still not seen it along with a bunch of other people who have commented on this thread or post or whatever you want to call it so quite why you have turned a friendly conversion on a forum into a pissing contest I'll never no.

These are the facts I have said I can't do it I have said I would love to see it I have also said anyone who can show me it I'll buy a pint as it will spur me on to achieve it, they are facts.

You have said you can do it and that you have seen it and that you will post it, so to me these are not facts but claims because as yet I have still yet to see it and the difference between being told it and seeing it is obviously the difference between fact and fiction.

I also said if you could show me it would be great and I'd give you the praise and credit you deserve which again are facts.

I have still not seen it along with a bunch of other people who have commented on this thread or post or whatever you want to call it so quite why you have turned a friendly conversion on a forum into a pissing contest I'll never no.

You're the one whose turned it like this - you asked a question, I answered it, you didn't like what I or others had to say, so reverted to calling us liars and making snidey comments.

Yes it is a claim.... To you.

To me and others who have been out with me and those who can do it it's fact. Instead of saying ''Great, can you post a video?'', you say ''Impossible''. Coupled with another post from another thread stating that in your opinion ''Rimfires are only good for filling spaces in your cabinet'', tells me all I need to know about your frankly naive attitude. Millions of people have used them for decades, but because you can't achieve a specific target you throw your teddy in the corner. It's a bad tradesman that blames his tools :nono:

Apart from the wind, your position, and ammo, the major factor that stops me from shooting at this range in 'real life' is judging distance. The smallest error at those ranges results in ridiculous drops and as you say, live animals should never be used for target practice. However, with the right conditions and a good batch of ammo, of course it is!

I'm not asking for credit or praise, and I'll make it clear that I'm not a target shooter. I only group every now and again, mostly to check ammo. You keep saying ''I can't achieve it'' well I disagree. For the most part shooting is a skill that can be learned.

This whole consistency issue, if you can do it once, then do it again, then why can't you do it consistently after that???

You should read everything before you start bumping your gums, I did infact if you read earlier posts say I'd send money for a beer if someone could even e-mail a clip of them doing it time after time as emails are easy to send and left my address. I also said.22 ammunition is shite which is why it would make it almost impossible to do. I am not blaming my tools i am simply saying a 1" group I have never seen. Now 2" groups peice off piss but 1 is a tall order outside with a hunting rifle and standard .22 ammo. Everything you have attacked me with verbally and had a dig with is way off you are making yourself look stupid it's all in black and White and your contradicting yourself with information which is in front of you.

And being entitled to an opinion I think .22rf are shit and it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. Get a range finder uttings hawk 400 £120 that'll stop the excuse of guessing. Send the clip 5 rounds into 1" 5 times and I'll send you a tenner and pay for the ammo you use now that's a fact! Leamanneil@yahoo.co.uk if that's easier