Liars or am I doing something wrong?

i was told the same until i started field target shooting then found i could hit the targets at a longer range i also found pigeons did not die to easy with the 22 which i probably shoot more of. i do get a lot of through and throughs but as i head shoot it not really a problem and i lose very few

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems to me you speak the most sense on this thread Paul. Thanks to the ignore facility, I'm missing the worst of it lol!

Winchester super x subs have always been the most consistant I have used. They will hit out to silly distances but like all subs they will not do it regularly and with consistant accuracy, the toleran

and most of all, those that boast the most, normally do the least

www.(!64.56:886/media/set/?set=a.10151566264080274.848812.758000273&type=3 If this link works this is my last card I shot at fifty yards the only thing I done different was push shoulder into stock a bit harder as you can see it breaks into the 9 ring open sights

I haven't been commenting alot lately but have been reading and learning which I think is great for me. Interesting we now have input from a field target enthusiast a totally different point of view and in my opinion advice some of which will stick for sure.

My rifle me and the ammunition I use are as far as I am concerned are spot on, but past 80 meters it's as though the round slams the brakes on the drop is that sharp. Also from reding some of the above it is interesting because at 100 meters the round always balls over to the right almost as the round slows the spin gets wider and wider from when it left the barrel. To shoot a rabbit for example out to 80 to 90 meters is accurate as far as left to right goes obviously I have to pick up the shot, but past that every round without fail is exactly right as far as elevation goes but If I were to shoot a rabbit at that distance I'd have to aim for it's nose let's say to hit it in the head. I'll keep reading I like to learn. Also I prefer my fac .22 airrifle for rabbits out to say 60 65 yards I don't think for accuracy you can beat a decent pcp for that. Hmr all the way for any distance shooting for me. Also another point I think is quite valid 99.9% of us were never taught to but do shoot because either gradparents in my case or frieds etc got us into it so I expect the truth behind almost all of the inconsistancies is simply shite shooting from man!

• Like 2

I haven't been commenting alot lately but have been reading and learning which I think is great for me. Interesting we now have input from a field target enthusiast a totally different point of view and in my opinion advice some of which will stick for sure.

My rifle me and the ammunition I use are as far as I am concerned are spot on, but past 80 meters it's as though the round slams the brakes on the drop is that sharp. Also from reding some of the above it is interesting because at 100 meters the round always balls over to the right almost as the round slows the spin gets wider and wider from when it left the barrel. To shoot a rabbit for example out to 80 to 90 meters is accurate as far as left to right goes obviously I have to pick up the shot, but past that every round without fail is exactly right as far as elevation goes but If I were to shoot a rabbit at that distance I'd have to aim for it's nose let's say to hit it in the head. I'll keep reading I like to learn. Also I prefer my fac .22 airrifle for rabbits out to say 60 65 yards I don't think for accuracy you can beat a decent pcp for that. Hmr all the way for any distance shooting for me. Also another point I think is quite valid 99.9% of us were never taught to but do shoot because either gradparents in my case or frieds etc got us into it so I expect the truth behind almost all of the inconsistancies is simply shite shooting from man!

i like your style Neil But iam not convinced that your problems past 80yrds is not just down to the ammo, but i would likle to know what twist rate your barrel has, most are 1:16. i just think that your rounds seem to me to be a bit too uniform in their failings past 80yrds. I know from the emails you have sent me that your clued up ok, so dont doubt your abilities and the pictures you sent me back that up but i do think some thing is wrong somewhere be it in the ammo or your rifle. i know you say that they spot on, but it would seem they are only spot on to 80yrd.

I learn ok, leamanneil@yahoo.co.uk if someone can email me there address so I can send a couple of pictures to them to put on here for me I'd be gratefull. It's only to pictures of my groupings from 20 to 100 meters, then I'll use what I have learnt on here to do the same again and show just how listening to other people and not thinking you no it all can improve your shooting . I'd do it myself but can't upload pictures from my phone.

I learn ok, leamanneil@yahoo.co.uk if someone can email me there address so I can send a couple of pictures to them to put on here for me I'd be gratefull. It's only to pictures of my groupings from 20 to 100 meters, then I'll use what I have learnt on here to do the same again and show just how listening to other people and not thinking you no it all can improve your shooting . I'd do it myself but can't upload pictures from my phone.

sent you an email leamo

i'll pu them up

I know it not on subject but I just seen the bit 177 for rabbit I use this round over 22 any day as I just can not get on with the trajectory of the 22 pellet and i find it better as a all rounder like on pigeon as it seems to penetrate the feather better I only head shoot everything and I do not rely on the shock power to drop my quarry you can slate me if you like but this is what i like to use and take rabbit at 50 yards often with my best at 68 yards stone dead. Horses for courses

Me too, in pretty much every aspect.

Good post.

Cheers mate thanks alot! See how they go right as it's gets further away, all that can be adjusted and I can fire shots tighter but wanted to show it how it is aiming at the +. with what I gave learnt from alot of you guys I'll get those groups tighter than your grannies best knot thank you all. Especially riflehunter583 for posting my images.

Funny thing is I kind of agree and there has been various different remarks and comments from all types and most on a completely different wavelength, all I asked basically is it possible to hit a one inch group at a hundred meters with a .22rf consistently or am I listening to bullshit. Personally a one inch group nope I have never done it or seen it not at that distance outside with a standard hunting rifle. This of course leads to people saying they shoot rabbits at that distance, well so could I but not humainly I could hit them in the head or smash there back legs off no problem but choose to get a bit closer to ensure the head shot. My personal opinion is it's a short range weapon not capable of putting five or ten rounds into an inch group time after time like you could between 20 and 80. Had someone on here the other day saying they could do 140 yrds with an airifle DON'T LIE YOU'LL GO TO HELL! Ps I'm not upset I can't do it ill just use my hmr problem solved, but your mum will be knowing you tell lies hehehe!

just realised your talking about me on the last bit.

yes i can hit A PLASTIC MAGPIE at 145 consitently with no wind with a 36 fpe air gun.

so no i'm not lying you should see me do it before you start slagging what i have said off.