paddyluke: those are wonderful photos. Does the hare live in the house all the time? Can you let it outside at all? I remember reading an account of a poet who kept hares in his walled garden: can't remember which poet it was now: I'm sure someone will know.

at the moment he's in the house but i'm in the process of making a fenced area for him(approx 9'x9') but he'll also have the run of the garden at times,

when he feels like a rich tea biscuit he will box our legs,

andrew

Guest thebigdog

paddyluke: those are wonderful photos. Does the hare live in the house all the time? Can you let it outside at all? I remember reading an account of a poet who kept hares in his walled garden: can't remember which poet it was now: I'm sure someone will know.

William Cowper?

William Cowper?

That's the one :thumbs: How wonderful to see something a timid as a hare sitting happily on someone's lap: I wonder if he'll go wilder once fully mature.

Edited by skycat
Guest thebigdog

William Cowper?

That's the one :thumbs: How wonderful to see something a timid as a hare sitting happily on someone's lap: I wonder if he'll go wilder once fully mature.

a great sight indeed, i reckon it will show its wilder side at maturity.

William Cowper?

a great sight indeed, i reckon it will show its wilder side at maturity.

i know it will :yes:

ABSOLUTELY Cracking images matie..

I also had one kept like this..

Killed a hare, and when I gutted it, there were four leverets in it at various stages of developement, the biggest one, ready for dropping..I wrapped it up in a duster out the car, and stuck it in the pocket of my Barbour..nearly forgot about it, when I got home it was totally alive, fed it on bitches milk substitute with added mixed abidec and SA37 from a siringe, then from one of the daughters dollys bottles..

Got some slides of him will try and get them converted and put them up..

Yes squeaked hares in loads of times, I have just taken some images of a hare that I squeaked in from quite a long distance out, to a reasnoble distance to photograph..

ABSOLUTELY Cracking images matie..

I also had one kept like this..

Killed a hare, and when I gutted it, there were four leverets in it at various stages of developement, the biggest one, ready for dropping..I wrapped it up in a duster out the car, and stuck it in the pocket of my Barbour..nearly forgot about it, when I got home it was totally alive, fed it on bitches milk substitute with added mixed abidec and SA37 from a siringe, then from one of the daughters dollys bottles..

Got some slides of him will try and get them converted and put them up..

Yes squeaked hares in loads of times, I have just taken some images of a hare that I squeaked in from quite a long distance out, to a reasnoble distance to photograph..

if you look at the pictures i put up, poor quality as they are taken from cini film. i used a dolls bottles it on the first photo, but i reared him on watered down cows milk with added sa37 and sugar.

Hey Guys. I was reading the book "The Ways Of The Warrener" and in it he says about calling hares. I was wondering if anyone on here can call a hare and if so how do you do it. Many Thanks, Will.

i just shout "Harry" and my hare comes straight to me :D

ABCD0002-1.jpg

ABCD0006.jpg

2011-12-20070209.jpg

Is there any chance I could use that bottom picture on another site please, not for finacial gain or anything, just setle an argument..cheers matie

Hey Guys. I was reading the book "The Ways Of The Warrener" and in it he says about calling hares. I was wondering if anyone on here can call a hare and if so how do you do it. Many Thanks, Will.

i just shout "Harry" and my hare comes straight to me :D

ABCD0002-1.jpg

ABCD0006.jpg

2011-12-20070209.jpg

Is there any chance I could use that bottom picture on another site please, not for finacial gain or anything, just setle an argument..cheers matie

yes,no problem,if you could send me a link to the site/forum thread so i can have a read i would be grateful,

thanks andrew