Hello Will,hares are very easy to call up,its a slightly deeper sqeal than a rabbit and longer,if you have a place with plenty to practise on then sit somewhere out of sight and mind which way the wind is blowing and just try and see what works for you,good luck,but get out and try it,WM

Hey Guys. I was reading the book "The Ways Of The Warrener" and in it he says about calling hares. I was wondering if anyone on here can call a hare and if so how do you do it. Many Thanks, Will.

i just shout "Harry" and my hare comes straight to me :D

ABCD0002-1.jpg

ABCD0006.jpg

2011-12-20070209.jpg

• Like 1

Fantastic pics mate, I gather you've reared it from practically the off... When I was a kid me mum reared two but both became a handful well before that age and were turned loose.

i put some pictures up ages ago of one i reared when i was a kid, had the same problem as it got older :thumbs:

paddyluke: those are wonderful photos. Does the hare live in the house all the time? Can you let it outside at all? I remember reading an account of a poet who kept hares in his walled garden: can't remember which poet it was now: I'm sure someone will know.