1st atempt at knife making fao midnight

i asked if it was oak because it may react with the metal and turn black if it does you could always pickle the oak by soaking wire wool in a jar of vinigar for a few days then scubbing the handle with it it will give the oak a dark near black finnish ;)

i asked if it was oak because it may react with the metal and turn black if it does you could always pickle the oak by soaking wire wool in a jar of vinigar for a few days then scubbing the handle with it it will give the oak a dark near black finnish ;)

thanks for the tip mate, yes it is oak but i didnt have a clue that it might react,,,,should i start again lol????

ps thanks for the comments lads

Edited by dazzz

if you have sealed it well it might be ok but if it gets wet then it might start to turn. i work with oak all day and when the mixture of swet on my hands, oak and metal tools turns my hands black for days :yes: if it does start to go try the pickling tip i said first and see if you like it it can give a good look but if you have oiled it it might not work so well. if its going to be a practical working knife then i dont think it matters realy i would keep it on

Edited by kanny

we have another knife maker !!

well done dazz , sorry for the late reply its been a long weekend and iv not been online !!

looks great .

you guys are well above entry level you know . il have to up my game !!

cheers mate, but you guidence made it a lot easier as i followed it vertualy to the letter