• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've done what I set out to do, goldie mules, finally. My gloster that bred me my first linnet mule has produced my first goldie mule too. My little red hen I bred last year is on a clutch of them t

First siskin mules Agates bred from these

There's 3 chicks so far

Cracking and well done mate,good when a plan comes together eh. :toast:

Its brilliant mate and all because I stumped up the cash and bought another goldie. Got home quite late with him so popped him in with the hen and switched everything off for the night and the next day he was feeding her already, as soon as she sat he went in with the other who's got 5 eggs to him and now he's in with a fancy who's building like mad :boogy:

• Like 1

was a busy pastime keeping birds up my way miners , ex miners still do it saw 8 goldfinces in last week or two, siskin yellow hammers , a few bullfinches but not local, good to see the coulored finches you get a hard winter i put nigaseed out there quite a lot of finches days gone by the guys used to have call birds etc ,they love a feild of scots thistle, set a side ,etc on aj ob up in ediburgh saw two pairs of bullies eating buds about april may bonny birds ,

• 3 weeks later...

quick update out of the 2 pair of irish i have 18 young +5 eggs under 1 pair but pair 2 its gone txxs up,pair 2 laid 4 eggs started to sit but the young from previous clutch were still in cage and broke the eggs,so hen 2 is sat at mo on 1 egg +3 PLASTIC it was my fault for not putting wire divider in place soon as she layed,but the young seemed ok in double breeder with the cock and hen so i left em as a group,bad move :cray:

it never rains then it pours,and i dont mean this crap weather,just thrown 5 eggs all clear,think the pair rushed back in too soon,there previous 2 clutches have done great ,but i got greedy and tried for a 3rd,due to only keeping a few pair last season i am building up my stock,looks like my good start this year as just turned for the worst but i got enough young birds on ,so think thats me done for season, :thumbs:

Fiddly little feckers ain't they mate?,i've had a mare of a week or so bird wise myself,had a couple escape caught one but have damaged it's wing.My greenfinch cock managed to squash itself in the aviary door but with bad luck comes good and i managed to catch the other bird that got out and had some very nice coloured redpolls arrive at mine from a good friend and also a couple of grand looking irish youngsters.Got greenie chicks just hatched and just hope she copes on her own this time and it sure looks like my goldies are going again,but to be honest i'm letting some finish off what nests they got and then thats it for the year as i feel they've all done enough this year,well exept the siskins that have done naff all.