anyway nipps ones deffo a isabel , and the one that hatched under raza is aswell, an the pr in double have gone down again so fingers crossed , nipper these chicks are going to be expensive so start saving :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've done what I set out to do, goldie mules, finally. My gloster that bred me my first linnet mule has produced my first goldie mule too. My little red hen I bred last year is on a clutch of them t

First siskin mules Agates bred from these

There's 3 chicks so far

Just seen my new isabel hen sat in a newly made nest and the cinny hen is starting one,settled in quick them two pairs :thumbs: ,Just rung one the greenie chicks and i have 2 lutino's and a normal,goldies on the job with their new nest and i even have a few quail chicks that have been naturaly hatched.Wonder whats going to go wrong tomorrow :hmm::laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Well done mate,very nice and hope there's a few cocks in there for you.My disaster happened with me loosing my greenie cock (ironicly the aviary safety door shut on him and crushed him as it swung shut :censored: )and the normal greenie chick dieing, but so far everything else is heading forward in the aviary,4 goldie eggs being sat on,3 more lessers rung and 1 greenie mule,1 goldie mule and a lesser mule all from the same nest and don't you just love a slut of a canary hen :laugh: .Also the new mutation redpolls are sat on 7 eggs between the 2 hens so just hope this weather stays stable for the last rounds from the birds and the start of harvest ain't to far away either.

• 1 month later...

Just been given a load of all wire breeders for next year so now I've got the fun job of wire brushing them all down and painting them black, I'll try and get some pics on when their up and running. I'm hoping to use plastic fascia board for trays underneath and will hopefully be pretty much mite proof and easy to spray off should I get any of the little sods.

I've emptied my cages now for the rest of the year,a repaint and all that is in order and the birds did ok for me this year after a bit of a stuttery start they got a few young un's to sticks and it looks like i got more cock mules than hens and all are coming on nicely in the song department.Looks like all my greenies have moulted ok and produced a few lutino,also produced a silver redpoll out the isabel hen who then up legs and died :censored: so got some to go and some to replace and maybe something new for next year :thumbs: .

Well done mate, you should have plenty to work with next year. I'm gonna have to get a pair of polls for next season. Do you still want a linnet mule?

I've just wire brushed and painted one of these cages, what a ball ache, only 15 more to go :(

• 2 weeks later...

Been given a load of these cages off my mate so I'm moving over to all metal, installed a few more today and got the trays underneath for catching the crap.

IMAG0707.jpg

Scrubbing them down and painting them is a pain in the arse but I'll do them when I get time. I'm gonna join 2 together for my muling pairs next year for the finch to get fit.

• Like 1