only kept 2 pair irish this year +2 spair cocks that are older than me,both pair hatched weekend looks like a 5 and 4,but not had a proper look cos i aint entered the flight just watched em so i was sure they got fed,all looks ok a mo.my plan is to keep all chicks reared this season fingers crossed.good luck all

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've done what I set out to do, goldie mules, finally. My gloster that bred me my first linnet mule has produced my first goldie mule too. My little red hen I bred last year is on a clutch of them t

First siskin mules Agates bred from these

There's 3 chicks so far

Yes clipper an outside aviary,silver hen to a normal cock and she's down on her second clutch of 4 eggs.The cocks still topping up the youngsters but i've seen them feeding themselves on a few different things now so there away really,there my stepson's birds and they were given to him to get him started and interested in the birds and with them going great guns it's working and he's learning by the best way possible and thats by just sitting and watching it happen in front of him.

Make that 2 chicks so far under the redpoll,but it seems i've had another visit from the sparrow hawk and am a fledgling mule down which is out of the irish hen and was a goldie mule as are the others i wasn't sure about.Lutino greenie dumped her last egg out the nest as well this morning,win some,loose some as they say.

Make that 2 chicks so far under the redpoll,but it seems i've had another visit from the sparrow hawk and am a fledgling mule down which is out of the irish hen and was a goldie mule as are the others i wasn't sure about.Lutino greenie dumped her last egg out the nest as well this morning,win some,loose some as they say.

i would suggest putting some panels of glass up around your aviary to slow the hawk down but thats illegal.

It's not illegal if it's put up to prevent drafts rather than harm a bop,same as a bright yellow canary in a cage with a fish tank placed over the top to protect it from drafts,all legal mate :thumbs: .If a spar is stupid enough to fly into it then so be it but it ain't illegal,it's only illegal if you deliberatly set out to capture or harm a bop,prevention like veg bird mesh and fishing line strung up is fine.

Well done and look luck they make it to sticks,have had all the 4 redpoll eggs hatch and the goldies have started to mess with nesting stuff but still yet to see them feeding each other or other bonding behavour.

IMAG0236.jpg

These are some of the youngest chicks, all 5 have hatched now though and the hens feeding them well so far.

IMAG0234.jpg

This is my eldest mule chick.

I'll try and get some pics of my canaries this week.

Cheers, Gnipper

ive a canary sitting. her first clutch fell from the nest.

just had a peep, daft twat is sitting on nothing :huh:

still sat on nothing. any suggestions gents ??

just about to lay would be my guess :hmm: