best spinners for salmon sea trout

what spinners do you have the most luck with and colour.i hear that the rapala are ment to be very good what size and colour would you go for in them,would you use the 2 piece one or single,all info be a great help,pics of spinners would be great thanks.

flying c's and mepps work 4 me ive also caught a lot on the flying ally's which is basically a bucktail flying c dressed in the same way as the ally shrimp flies but thier expensive and so r rapala i wouldnt be wanting to loosing to many of them.try orkon fishing tackle they do some good deals on single and double bladed flying c's

• Like 1

I find the flying C's best a No.3 will catch both sea trout and salmon, some people will perfer a certain colour but i will fish the first colour i put my hand on , i have caught both salmon and trout on on all different colours and different colour blade's, ill fish black, red yellow purple orange green and blades i have used off old mep's with spotts on them even. All have caught fish but i still prefer yellow.

If your fishing a river id stick with the Flying c's. Different wieghts for different depths of water. The rollo 1's with the chrome bodys seem to work well too. Rapelas are hard to cast and difficult to set the hooks in salmon. If you do fish them for salmon you have to leave slack line as you would when fishing the flys to allow the fish to hook himself.Atb mark

thanks for the advice lads,terrier s what rapala would you recomend.

I use smaller rapalas as the river goes down, go larger when it is rising. Anything from 2" to 4" in floating, countdown , jointed and the x rap is also good. Had good success with a perch pattern x rap. The jointed ones are good in slow pools. If you are fishing a narrow river with loads of overhanging trees you can float a floating rapala down the river then crank it down under the overhanging trees, had a few like that. You really need to use floating braid with this method as mono will sink and snag on things. You can also use a floater with a worming controller and fish it slow bouncing the weight along the bottom. If i had to have 6 rapalas in my box i would have a 50mm gold in floater 50mm perch in countdown, 70mm in either and a 90mm floating rainbow trout and a 100mm x rap in perch. That would cover a lot of situations as they cost a fortune.

Edited by lifelong cumbrian

hi mate my favourites are countdown size 7 or 9 in blue, gold fluorecent orange ,hot tiger i have loads and tried loads over the years and these are the ones i have most succes with so i just stick to them ,

a black flying c with gold blade also works well

flying c's and mepps work 4 me ive also caught a lot on the flying ally's which is basically a bucktail flying c dressed in the same way as the ally shrimp flies but thier expensive and so r rapala i wouldnt be wanting to loosing to many of them.try orkon fishing tackle they do some good deals on single and double bladed flying c's

I find the flying C's best a No.3 will catch both sea trout and salmon, some people will perfer a certain colour but i will fish the first colour i put my hand on , i have caught both salmon and trout on on all different colours and different colour blade's, ill fish black, red yellow purple orange green and blades i have used off old mep's with spotts on them even. All have caught fish but i still prefer yellow.

If your fishing a river id stick with the Flying c's. Different wieghts for different depths of water. The rollo 1's with the chrome bodys seem to work well too. Rapelas are hard to cast and difficult to set the hooks in salmon. If you do fish them for salmon you have to leave slack line as you would when fishing the flys to allow the fish to hook himself.Atb mark

Flying c's and mepps alway's first to go for, excellent fish catcher's, go and fill your boot's. :thumbs:

hi mate my favourites are countdown size 7 or 9 in blue, gold fluorecent orange ,hot tiger i have loads and tried loads over the years and these are the ones i have most succes with so i just stick to them ,

Dont know if it just coincidence but i and a couple of my mates seem to think that blue rapalas are good for fresh run fish, happened to many times gets you thinking.

Dont know if it just coincidence but i and a couple of my mates seem to think that blue rapalas are good for fresh run fish, happened to many times gets you thinking.

on one of my local rivers blue is the only colours some of the guys use :thumbs: