pm sent

#2 paul roberts

paul roberts

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:51 pm

Thankyou Dennis for showing us around the golf course today in all this bad weather

#3 tidworthdennis

tidworthdennis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:11 am

My pleasure Paul.
Have you or Davey had the chance to do much up here?
I have read quite a bit on this site about rabbiting and it seems there are seasons when you lads go out. Whats the reasoning behind that bud?

Den

#4 crozzo

crozzo

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:31 pm

email sent Dennis
cheers John

#5 paul roberts

paul roberts

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:31 pm

went to tidworth to have a look with lamp seen 4 different people lamping 2 with rifels very thick blackthorn heges not the best to ferret to get numbers gun is the answer

#6 BRY

BRY

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:23 am

Sounds a job for a rifle + night vision there, But sounds very dangerous with so many others out lamping and shooting.

#7 "Earth!"

"Earth!"

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:04 pm

went to tidworth to have a look with lamp seen 4 different people lamping 2 with rifels very thick blackthorn heges not the best to ferret to get numbers gun is the answer

bolt with the ferret and shoot paul.
ive be doing alot lately, covering alot of ground and getting good numbers.

#8 Lab

Lab

Wasnt the carling....it was the tennents and the scrumpy.honest

• Donator
  • 23,645 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:43 pm

Dont think that will go down very well when folk are trying to play golf mate. Lamp and rifle sounds like the way......probably lamp shy if there getting hounded. Maybe snares and traps set out the publics view if you can.... :thumbs:

#9 "Earth!"

"Earth!"

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:39 pm

Dont think that will go down very well when folk are trying to play golf mate. Lamp and rifle sounds like the way......probably lamp shy if there getting hounded. Maybe snares and traps set out the publics view if you can.... http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

I do a golf course.
sooner have a couple of lads with shotguns shooting rabbits than fecking gold balls rocketing through the air..

#10 Lab

Lab

• Donator
  • 23,645 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:08 pm

Dont think that will go down very well when folk are trying to play golf mate. Lamp and rifle sounds like the way......probably lamp shy if there getting hounded. Maybe snares and traps set out the publics view if you can.... http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...

I do a golf course.
sooner have a couple of lads with shotguns shooting rabbits than fecking gold balls rocketing through the air..
You might but i'd doubt most golfers would like a couple of guys trying to bowl over rabbits while they play golf......... :yes:

#11 paul roberts

paul roberts

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:08 pm

rifel and lamp some good holes to get at but alot in thick cover putting long net out this week

#12 Rake aboot

Rake aboot

Scruffy Bearded Hunter

• Donator
  • 8,537 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:15 pm

How many people did he give permission to ??

Sounds a bit iffy with more than 1 lot out lamping

#13 "Earth!"

"Earth!"

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:33 pm

I do a golf course.
You might but i'd doubt most golfers would like a couple of guys trying to bowl over rabbits while they play golf......... http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...
Or would they want dug out from rabbit..
too many rabbits=no greens.
no greens= no business..

#14 Lab

Lab

• Donator
  • 23,645 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:04 pm

I do a golf course.
You might but i'd doubt most golfers would like a couple of guys trying to bowl over rabbits while they play golf......... http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...
Or would they want dug out from rabbit..
too many rabbits=no greens.
no greens= no business..
You'd argue black was white ya c**t!!!............. :laugh: Theres no golf course in the world that would rather you shot bolting rabbits with a shotgun in front of the public when you can do just an effective job with other methods.............now feck off.... :bye: ;)

#15 tidworthdennis

tidworthdennis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:42 pm

lol thanks for all the comments fellas. There really should only be one lot out each night, They ring the club and the club inform the police to make sure we don't have any accidents. So far only 3 permissions have been given that i'm aware of. One to Davy and Paul and a couple to other lads with Ferrets. I have absolutely no idea how to stop these little buggers from churning up the course but you hunting lads seem to be making substantial inroads already. Keep up the good work.

Den

PS Thanks for the e mail Bryan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users