HAWKE DN4146 NIGHT VISION

DOES ANY ONE USE A HAWKE DN4146 NIGHT VISION RIFLE SCOPE, I PURCHASED ONE TODAY BUT HAVING TROUBLE ZEROING IT IN, I HAVE ADJUSTED THE UP KNOB TO FULL AND STILL SHOOTING TO LOW ANY ONE HAD ANY TROUBLE WITH THEIRS (NOT SURE IF IM TURNING THE RIGHT ONE ITS ON THE TOP OF THE SCOPE SO I SHOULD IMAGINE THETS FOR THE UP AND DOWN) THANKS AS IM A NOVICE TO THIS TYPE OF THING :D

Not being funny mate, but i wouldnt buy anything with the Hawke brand name on it. I have tried their products and i think its cheap crap. I just dont like anything of theirs at all.My advice is, if you are not 100%happy with it then send it back and get your money refunded asap... :yes:

sounds silly but ive used one of these scopes and believe it or not you have to turn the turrets the oppisit way to which you want, something to do with moving the point of impact rather than the point of aim (reticle)

I KNOW THIS SOUNDS DAFT BUT TRY IT PELESE BEFORE ANYONR RIPS ME A NEW Rs HOLE

same on the deben nv as well :blink:

sounds silly but ive used one of these scopes and believe it or not you have to turn the turrets the oppisit way to which you want, something to do with moving the point of impact rather than the point of aim (reticle)

I KNOW THIS SOUNDS DAFT BUT TRY IT PELESE BEFORE ANYONR RIPS ME A NEW Rs HOLE

same on the deben nv as well :blink:

I had a Nikko Sterling scope that was like this a good few years ago MC! It pissed me right up when I first got it until I finally sussed what was going on....

Hard to get your head round but some scopes work like this, i will try to make it clear as i can.

stand with you 2 index fingers in line looking away from you.. now imagine the back one being the scope reticle the other being the point of impact. if the scope you have is one that moves the reticle as opossed to the point of impact it will work thus.

as you turn the turret to the left because your pellet is hitting right of the target you want to move your finger slightly to the left. it will now be out of line to the left so if you imagine the left finger as the reticle, moving it right to take aim will in fact move the point of impact further to the right, thus meaning you have to turn the turret the oppisit way to where your pellets landing.

now if you have a scope that adjusts the point of impact rather than point of aim the turret turns they way you want to adjust it to.

i hope this has made it clearer :icon_eek::cry::blink:

THANKS FOR THE REPLYS I HAVE INSTRUCTIONS WITH IT BUT JUST BASIC JUST TELLS YOU WHICH SWITCH IF FOR DOING WHAT, I ALSO FOUND ON NORMAL SCOPES WHEN YOU TAKE THE CAPS OF THE TURRETS IT TELLS YOU UP AND HAS A SMALL ARROW, THERE IS NOTHING ON THIS SCOPE SEE PIC THANKS AGAIN :hmm:

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE FOR YOUR REPLYS,

JUST TO LET YOU ALL NOW THAT I HAVE SORTED IT NOW I HAD TO SHIME THE BACK OF THE SOPE WITH A SMALL WASHER THIS MADE A HELL OF A DIFERANCE AND THE SCOPE HAS PLENTY OF ADJUSTMENT, AND I HAVE ZEROED IT IN EASILY AND CANNOT WAIT TO TRY IT OUT IN THE DARK I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED ON HOW I GET ON THANKS AGAIN ANTHONY :clapper:

PS HERE IS A PIC ON HOW TO SHIME YOUR SCOPE IF ANYONE IS HAVING THE SAME TRUOBLE.

SHIM GUIDE:-

HI JUST TO SAY I HAD 2 RATS IM MY GARDEN LAST NIGHT HAVENT HAD CHANCE TO TAKE GUN OUT FOR RABBITS YET THERES BEEN ALOT OF MIXI AROUND WITH US, I TRAVELLED NEARLY 50 MILES THE OTHER NIGHT AND ONLY SAW 5-6 RABBITS I WILL POST SOME PICS OF THE RATS I HAD LATER THANKS :clapper: