Guest Frank

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Frank
i personally used ta feed redmills racer, and am now goin bak to it. but i feel tht a lower protein content is neeeded for summer months. wat is ther in the redmills range for the summer months??????

This is good below RussBoy, for the summer months, its 'Red Mills Tracker', i use it mixed with meat ect, works great. :thumbs:

http://www.redmills.ie/products.php?id=35

Frank.

SUPA GREYHOUND good grub dogs always look strong when on it good value for money. :gunsmilie:

We used to feed that to the retired greyhounds. I always thought it was a very greasy biscuit but it served them ok & was cheap enough at under £5 a bag when buying a pallet of fifty.

Right, i have been visiting a few grehound kennels over here in Ireland, over the past month or 2, with a mate that is getting into racing ect.

I want to get into it at some stage, but not just yet.

What amazed me, was the amount of kennels, that fed Red Mills to their dogs and beef as a suplement, but Red Mills being their main deit.?

Now, on here, most seem to feed their dogs, including lurchers, raw meat and veg diet and all on here, seem to condem dry feeding, red mills ect, why is this?

It seems to me, that in the real world out thier, red mills seems to dominate greyhound feeding? :blink:

Is it something to do with expense i wonder?

Any opinions, experinces, would be greatly appriciated. ;)

Cheers,

Frank.

[greyhounds run four 30sec... lurchers run four 5 or 6 min??thay need meat

:victory::victory:

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest little lurcher

hello everyone im a newbie

i too have just moved over to red mills, i have pedigree show dogs and lurchers whom race and work then the bitches. I ve found that the red mills tracker is excellent as a maintenence and only had 1 dog of 12 have a flaky coat although a whippet male with bitches coming in heat around im could be part of the problem? i use australian formula for when the dogs are worked very hard in addition to tracker with meat , pasta veg and boiled pearl barley , the australian formula is also used to give my dog the pep he needs in the show ring or for te lurchers when working very hard , however this must be used with caution as the protein content is equal is pure looney juice!!! and on average fitness dogs will cause protein poisioning and hair loss. i raised my last litter of whippets on red mills puppy and racer ( very similar in content) and im very pleased with the results.

i personally think you have to tailor diets to the dogs and what you want to do with them and their health? then juggle things around to make the feeding regime as less stressful to yourself as possible, more time spent with the dogs is better then reading charts etc once you have the routine down to a tee so to speak?

i know of trainers whom feed the very best of all and dogs look great and then another whom i have to question the feeding and they still run and win??? so doesnt always go to plan i guess?

if your dogs like a food , look good on it , work and run well , then what does it matter how much it costs etc , its the dogs and their performance that counts

little lurcher

• 2 months later...

tried austrialian formula one time in the summer months for my lurchers but weight wouldnt stay on them. Just went back to beef and handful of redmills. think dogs need a diet of mostly meat with small portion of meal for their digestive system. could be wrong though.

tried austrialian formula one time in the summer months for my lurchers but weight wouldnt stay on them. Just went back to beef and handful of redmills. think dogs need a diet of mostly meat with small portion of meal for their digestive system. could be wrong though.

Your'e not wrong at all: millions of years of evolution didn't prepare the dog to eat biscuits did it!!!

i was feeding my dogs on raw and mixers from a pup decide to have a change after i was told by a bloke with greyhounds down the beach one day about red mills. Went out and got a sack been feedin this from 5 month old now and wouldnt bother looking back or changing onto out else its excellent food and you will see a real difference in your dog mate thats my opinion :thumbs:

This is my dogs now

If a greyhound can race on it then there can't be much wrong with it.

I feed raw chicken and tripe and use good quality dried food as a mixer, the pups the healthiest shes ever been.

I also don't go with this long term health business with feed, if the dog looks, behaves, races and works right then the right stuff is going in.

I myself got a bit too anal with it a little while back, why make your life too difficult.

Shepp