Long range hunting with two foreign friends

zini

Hi All, has there ever been a study on how much pressure would be needed to punture the skull of our quarry. Then the next question would be at what distance does each .177, .22 and the other sizes loose enough energy to penetrate the skulls!. Once both figures are known, then at that time we know what is the kill range, the rest is then down to ability?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi lads,   Here is some long range shooting that I did with my 2 foreign friends Mr E and Mr W.   Not everyone will like this kind of shooting and at these ranges with a sub 12 ft / lb air rifle,

Hi Si, you will always get criticisms from those that are envious of your obvious shooting skill. Sir Slots -alot / Alan does long distance vermin control on Youtube with centrefires , he has had h

well you said you might get some stick zi mate but you wont get any from me thats for sure your a very resposible air gunner and you done your home work on last video fair play to you cracking shots

Posted Images

lol... chairgun has the maths........ the rest? well, esperience counts for a lot more. hense when the noddies start a meddling, years of exsperience can and often does get washed away.

ten years to build it..2 minutes legislasion to destroy it.

Edited by ghillies

Depends on what white coat you listen to :yes: 3 to 4 ft/lbs will enter the skull of a bunny/penatrate the lungs and heart :yes:

But some studies suggest that as little as point 4ft/lbs will deliver enough shock to the CNS of a bunny to kill it, although this is enough to cause bruise on a human, it will not penatrate the furr/skin/muscle and bone of a bunny.

Also a Hare (for example) appears to have a thinner cranium than that of a bunny, despite being a much larger animal.

Tony

Edited by Phantom

Nothing to add really is there?

I know people who can take long shots and I know people who can not hit a barn door if they were sat the latch!

Si has a lot more skill with rifles than most folk on here

Only assuming that everyone puts up footage of their exploits and documents them. There are many out there who just quietly get on with it ;)