Long range hunting with two foreign friends

zini

whats that to do with the price of bacon?

and ermm they do drop elk and boar with one shot 9mm airguns..a totally diferent subject of totaly diferent peramiters.

the reason no one discuses the top end of air gunning is because everybody throws a paddy and comes up with weird n wanderful idias and asimilies to rant with.

thats my last say on this matter lol... do yu HOME WORK lol. spend the cash on barrels n tune ups...get a set up, spend half yu life learning the skill, then listen to the weekenders preach bol..lox chopsin bu..ll sh..it.

night all sleep tight.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi lads,   Here is some long range shooting that I did with my 2 foreign friends Mr E and Mr W.   Not everyone will like this kind of shooting and at these ranges with a sub 12 ft / lb air rifle,

Hi Si, you will always get criticisms from those that are envious of your obvious shooting skill. Sir Slots -alot / Alan does long distance vermin control on Youtube with centrefires , he has had h

well you said you might get some stick zi mate but you wont get any from me thats for sure your a very resposible air gunner and you done your home work on last video fair play to you cracking shots

Posted Images

so if its ok to put these shots up of sub 12ft lb rifles taking quarry at silly ranges then is it ok for serious fac air rifles taking big game at close range ?

At end of day an air rifle is an small quarry rifle....they are not designed for quarry over the size of mink.....

so if its ok to put these shots up of sub 12ft lb rifles taking quarry at silly ranges then is it ok for serious fac air rifles taking big game at close range ?

At end of day an air rifle is an small quarry rifle....they are not designed for quarry over the size of mink.....

if you say so

whats that to do with the price of bacon?

and ermm they do drop elk and boar with one shot 9mm airguns..a totally diferent subject of totaly diferent peramiters.

the reason no one discuses the top end of air gunning is because everybody throws a paddy and comes up with weird n wanderful idias and asimilies to rant with.

thats my last say on this matter lol... do yu HOME WORK lol. spend the cash on barrels n tune ups...get a set up, spend half yu life learning the skill, then listen to the weekenders preach bol..lox chopsin bu..ll sh..it.

night all sleep tight.

im not going to be able to sleep tonight knowing 30 odd years of shooting has been a waste of time :( damn you for being the authority on airrifles . lol

well ive said my bit . nice shot anyway zini

Mink aren't big game, and their crania are barely thicker than a rats, so perfectly ok to cull with an air rifle.

Mink aren't big game, and their crania are barely thicker than a rats, so perfectly ok to cull with an air rifle.

No mink arnt big game but that is a great quarry

i'v done some good shot's with legal limit air rifles over the years my best was a 74 yard rabbit with a hw80. i'v also seen 2 foxes shot and killed around 25 yards with legal limit air guns.and only a few months back i shot and killed 2 rabbits with one shot with a legal limit webley raider. didnt mean to it just happened. would i recomend it ,,NO,,, the margin for error is to great and it is only a matter of time before it doesnt go as planned. if ya want a bit more punch and range . get ur ticket turn the gun up and do it . properly.

pissin around with legal limit guns tryin to snipe long shots isnt the way forward. but each to there own. kind regars MM..

Edited by miroku moocher

I agree MM, its not the way to go about things as the norm and getting a more powerful rifle is a better answer to making the longer range shots.

The clip wasn't put up to show it as a normal occurrence mate but more of a one off answer to some of the threads I have been reading on here.

The shot was safe with plenty of permission to cover a miss.

I would not of taken it if it wasn't mate.

There was actually 606 yards of clearance from rifle to the end of the permission and this was the reason i was happy to take the shot after practice.

Si.

post-2627-0-08427900-1333151069_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

good on yer zini. youv done your homework practiced and realy know ur set up inside out. i was like that years ago a propa airgun fanatic and i know what a legal limit gun can do'' should it be done''maybe not. some of the shots i'v pulled off and have seen pulled off were fockin great. i will add the 2 foxes i seen killed neither was by my hand they were done by mates several years apart on trips out, totaly wrong i know but it happened'' now i would say if ya gunna shoot pest at long range use a gun with more poke. all the best,,MM..

@ MM :thumbs: no problems pal.

I totally agree and as I said this is a one off mate :yes: .

Everyone at some time has made long shots with a air rifle, not all will post them up or talk about them though in the open forum for risk of upsetting people or in experienced shots trying to copy them and cause a bad wounding which is totally understandable.

I did expect these kind of replies and im not new to this forum buddy.

If anything pal It causes a good debate at my expense :icon_eek::doh: .

Thanks for the comments pal :thumbs: .

Si.

Edited by zini