Long range hunting with two foreign friends

zini

Hi lads,

Here is some long range shooting that I did with my 2 foreign friends Mr E and Mr W.

Not everyone will like this kind of shooting and at these ranges with a sub 12 ft / lb air rifle, some will call me irresponsible, I except this and understand why as it seems to go against everything we have come to know about sub 12 ft / lb shooting from reading the airgun magazines and our own experiences.

The footage was in answer to a few recent posts that I have been reading on the shooting forum about max range shooting and a sub 12’s capability.

I must add that the conditions were very good this day for the type of shooting I did and I had practiced long and hard to be able to shoot at these ranges humanely with my air rifles, knowing their parabolic trajectories and their characteristics very well.

Please don’t try this yourself unless you are 100% sure of your own shooting ability is up to making these kind of shots as no one likes a wounded animal.

We owe it to the vermin we shoot to be as humane as we can so please practice plenty before shooting at longer ranges.

This is just a one off episode on VerminHuntersTV and after this it’s back to normal ranges.

I will also add that these were the only shots taken and no birds were wounded in the filming of this episode.

Kind regards and stay safe.

Si.

• Like 6

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi lads,   Here is some long range shooting that I did with my 2 foreign friends Mr E and Mr W.   Not everyone will like this kind of shooting and at these ranges with a sub 12 ft / lb air rifle,

Hi Si, you will always get criticisms from those that are envious of your obvious shooting skill. Sir Slots -alot / Alan does long distance vermin control on Youtube with centrefires , he has had h

well you said you might get some stick zi mate but you wont get any from me thats for sure your a very resposible air gunner and you done your home work on last video fair play to you cracking shots

Posted Images

''Not everyone will like this kind of shooting and at these ranges with a sub 12 ft / lb air rifle, some will call me irresponsible, I except this and understand why as it seems to go against everything we have come to know about sub 12 ft / lb shooting from reading the airgun magazines and our own experiences.''

i dare say you done home work lol. (and have the exsperience).

nice suit too.. is it home made, looks like single strand jute.(where'd you get it if you did pleases).

Not everyone will like this kind of shooting and at these ranges with a sub 12 ft / lb air rifle, some will call me irresponsible, I except this and understand why

yep i agree irresponsiible , i really feel uneasy when i see a 67 yard bird taken out of a tree , not 'if' but 'when' you miss where the hell is that pellet going (i will pre-answer that myself ... nothing for miles behind .... am i close?)

what exactly are you proving doing long shots on live quarry? every twat and his gat gun will be trying what they saw the 'great' zini do on thl .

40yard for quarry is recommended with an airrifle , right tools for the job springs to mind .

we all know what happens in the field but why air it on the busiest hunting forum on the net ?

irresponsible .... yep sure is

i wait for the thl sucks up's with the gallow tree at the ready lol

Edited by chimp

Not everyone will like this kind of shooting and at these ranges with a sub 12 ft / lb air rifle, some will call me irresponsible, I except this and understand why

yep i agree irresponsiible , i really feel uneasy when i see a 67 yard bird taken out of a tree , not 'if' but 'when' you miss where the hell is that pellet going (i will pre-answer that myself ... nothing for miles behind .... am i close?)

what exactly are you proving doing long shots on live quarry? every twat and his gat gun will be trying what they saw the 'great' zini do on thl .

40yard for quarry is recommended with an airrifle , right tools for the job springs to mind .

we all know what happens in the field but why air it on the busiest hunting forum on the net ?

Horse cr@p mate......if you feel you can and it's in the rifle's capabilities go for it

• Like 1

Horse cr@p mate......if you feel you can and it's in the rifle's capabilities go for it

whoa there sweetheart , zini has said he excepts it .

like i said i know what they can do but ;)

Well Chimp,

Everyone is entitled to a say so I respect your thoughts :thumbs: .

Its not like I didn't expect replies like yours mate and lets face it pal, mine and your past track record as friends isn't that good is is so if I expected it from anyone first I would have put money on you ;).

You cant forget the past and let things drop mate where I can.

Its not a big secret that you don't like me pal and if I'm honest I'm not keen on you much either but that shouldn't stop us both enjoying the forum.

Si.

• Like 1

By coincidence, I headshot a bunny at 64 yards yesterday evening, under incredibly rare, perfect conditions. That's only the second time in I've performed such a shot in 10 years, on land I've been hunting for 15 years. Current rifle I've had for 5 years and know it and the aim points of the set up intimately.

Normally I only hunt to 45 yards and preferably less. Its not something that I would have broadcast normally on the web, but seemed appropriate given the thread.

I doubt I'd do that long range shot again in the next 10 years either.

At end of day mate it's all about the shooter and his capabilities with his rifle.........sweetheart?...lmao....yeah he expects it but on serious note though if you can why not?......Im not is same class of shooting but i can shoot well at a distance with springer i can hit rabbits at 30+ yrds easy but im no expert