a couple of knives i am working on. midnight blanks.

just thought i would post a couple of pics of work in progress. ( these are my first attempts lol )

the first a blank i have laminated in leather and epoxied,still need to work on the finish of the handle but the blade is done and sharp as feck :thumbs:

100_0150.jpg

100_0153.jpg

100_0148.jpg

the second a little damascus blank ( stick tang) with a deer antler/tine and a copper stop

.100_0154.jpg

100_0158.jpg

100_0157.jpg

the third is a damascus/para cord knife which i have done nothing with yet.

100_0159.jpg

100_0160.jpg

the last is a big old fella :icon_eek: i will be putting a wooden handle on the last two i think. :hmm:

100_0161.jpg

100_0162.jpg

the last two sheathed.

100_0164.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

as mike said its just para cord ebay sell loads of it but that is genuine brittish army stuff i got . some guys use phenolic resin to stabilise it i beleave , im not sure what that is but its what th

bloody hell your gonna hold me to it then !! il get some designs sorted then off to laser cut !! id say as long as the blanks are the same then anything else goes !!

Posted Images

the first one sits in the hand really well tbf.

the little damascus blade looks a bit awkward but it is perfect for the rabbit paunching i wanted it for ( and has also come up VERY sharp indeed!!!!).

two knives i have had a bit of practice on and can be used in the field, and they came cheap as chips :thumbs:

i have an old air rifle stock to fiddle with at the moment ( an old bsa lightening which broke at the pistol grip,i cant get another reasonably priced so i have pinned and glued it. it will be painted black and will do the job untill i can find a decent one).

i will get some decent wood and have a go at one of the knives when i get chance.

thanks for the comments lads.

the little damascus blade looks a bit awkward but it is perfect for the rabbit paunching i wanted it for ( and has also come up VERY sharp indeed!!!!).

two knives i have had a bit of practice on and can be used in the field, and they came cheap as chips :thumbs:

i have an old air rifle stock to fiddle with at the moment ( an old bsa lightening which broke at the pistol grip,i cant get another reasonably priced so i have pinned and glued it. it will be painted black and will do the job untill i can find a decent one).

i will get some decent wood and have a go at one of the knives when i get chance.

just buy a set of knife scales from matthews and matthews you tight arsed git

they look good . you have no idea how nice it is to see you guys enjoying the blanks and getting something usable at the end . im really enjoying all your work guys keep um coming .

maybe in a few months il be offering blanks again at a price that is right for all involved .

again please keep enjoying them and posting your work , its great to see.

just thought i would post a couple of pics of work in progress. ( these are my first attempts lol )

the first a blank i have laminated in leather and epoxied,still need to work on the finish of the handle but the blade is done and sharp as feck :thumbs:

100_0150.jpg

100_0153.jpg

100_0148.jpg

the second a little damascus blank ( stick tang) with a deer antler/tine and a copper stop

.100_0154.jpg

100_0158.jpg

100_0157.jpg

the third is a damascus/para cord knife which i have done nothing with yet.

100_0159.jpg

100_0160.jpg

the last is a big old fella :icon_eek: i will be putting a wooden handle on the last two i think. :hmm:

100_0161.jpg

100_0162.jpg

the last two sheathed.

100_0164.jpg

Where did you get the cord on these knifes ????

you can get a nice bit of wood for nowt to do your knive handles if you know what to look for ,,also ive some links on knive making stuff but you have to pay for this great looking stuff www.english-handmade-knives.co.uk hope this helps :thumbs: midnights blancks are too cheep :);) but dont tell him ...hahahaha Edited by micckey

i " found" some at work last night which i think will be good, bone dry and heavy/hard as hell ( i might need a better file!!!!!)

not sure what type of wood it is yet, slightly reddish and seems to have a nice grain so i will give it a go lol

paul i am practising!!! feck me i cant afford to buy stuff i gave a dog away half price :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

fancy calling me tight,carefull is a better choice :toast:

oh and @ sjt657 its paracord mate :thumbs: ( you get it on errrrrrrm paras?)

just kidding i got them from matt with it on,i have tried doing the same with leather thonging but it doesn't lie as well.it might work well if it were stabilised/resin cased?? looks shit hot tbf)

thanks for the comments, i hope to improve :hmm:

i " found" some at work last night which i think will be good, bone dry and heavy/hard as hell ( i might need a better file!!!!!)

not sure what type of wood it is yet, slightly reddish and seems to have a nice grain so i will give it a go lol

paul i am practising!!! feck me i cant afford to buy stuff i gave a dog away half price :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

fancy calling me tight,carefull is a better choice :toast:

oh and @ sjt657 its paracord mate :thumbs: ( you get it on errrrrrrm paras?)

just kidding i got them from matt with it on,i have tried doing the same with leather thonging but it doesn't lie as well.it might work well if it were stabilised/resin cased?? looks shit hot tbf)

thanks for the comments, i hope to improve :hmm:

im doing one aswell :laugh: i will put a picture up when its done and you can take the piss at your lesuire :laugh:

as mike said its just para cord ebay sell loads of it but that is genuine brittish army stuff i got .

some guys use phenolic resin to stabilise it i beleave , im not sure what that is but its what they use on high end sand paper im told .

im sure normal fibre glass resin would work and would polish if you buff it .

dont hold me to it but i did think about a compotiton where you buy a affordable blank from me so there all the same and then all compeat to see whos is best , winners get something nice iv made , two classes novice and experianced so rob and kev can takle each other ha ha .

then i draw names out a hat and you have to swap them .

would any one be intrested ?

it will probably be a small neck knife about 4.5" total length .

il score it on finnish use of materials creativity . if everyone starts with the same blank in the same condition its fair .

what you think ?

• Like 1

as mike said its just para cord ebay sell loads of it but that is genuine brittish army stuff i got .

some guys use phenolic resin to stabilise it i beleave , im not sure what that is but its what they use on high end sand paper im told .

im sure normal fibre glass resin would work and would polish if you buff it .

dont hold me to it but i did think about a compotiton where you buy a affordable blank from me so there all the same and then all compeat to see whos is best , winners get something nice iv made , two classes novice and experianced so rob and kev can takle each other ha ha .

then i draw names out a hat and you have to swap them .

would any one be intrested ?

it will probably be a small neck knife about 4.5" total length .

il score it on finnish use of materials creativity . if everyone starts with the same blank in the same condition its fair .

what you think ?

i`ll give it a whirl mate :thumbs: aslong as ive got 6 months to finish it :laugh: