Judges for Ballywalter Game Fair

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The old shows are a good days craic...   Im waiting always waiting on the antique, arthritic, held together by pins rabbit class. But they haven't made one yet. When they do, we might be in for a ch

jaysus lads give the girl a break....i mean seriously does rosettes mean that much to yous ...just go and enjoy the show lads and if you dont like the judge dont show but jaysus give the weee girl a b

I have known Albert, Seamus and matt for coming on 35 years....all my days in lurchers...they have organised, showed and held events all over the country to let every lurcher, terrier and whippet man

Posted Images

I think a working dog man/woman should judge not someone who keep nonpedigree racing dogs what everyone know are just small greyhounds

Paul,

Your are entitled to your opinion as I trust you believe we are ours.

Our fairs attract working dogs, show dogs and racing dogs. We do not have tests for working ability in terriers and lurchers - we have shows and racing. Therefore I consider it is illogical to think that someone who solely claims 'to work their dogs' should regard this as the ONLY qualification for judging a show. One could say ideally the judge should have experience of judging, been successful at shows and works their dogs, In that order NOT the other way round. Only if it was a working test would the working claim have higher priority.

We have a mixture of judges at our fairs. At Ballywalter we have two working judges - both experienced judges and who have had success with their dogs at shows and Rose who has had big success over a long period with her dogs both racing and showing and has judged successfully before at other events. IN my opinion all three are competent to judge the respective breeds because all would be good at judging conformation, condition, balance, type and overall soundness.

Now I would ask people to voice no more criticism of Rose until they actually see her judging.

Thanks for your input,

Albertj

• Like 2

I think a working dog man/woman should judge not someone who keep nonpedigree racing dogs what everyone know are just small greyhounds

Paul,

Our fairs attract working dogs, show dogs and racing dogs. We do not have tests for working ability in terriers and lurchers - we have shows and racing. Therefore I consider it is illogical to think that someone who solely claims 'to work their dogs' should regard this as the ONLY qualification for judging a show. One could say ideally the judge should have experience of judging, been successful at shows and works their dogs, In that order NOT the other way round. Only if it was a working test would the working claim have higher priority.

We have a mixture of judges at our fairs. At Ballywalter we have two working judges - both experienced judges and who have had success with their dogs at shows and Rose who has had big success over a long period with her dogs both racing and showing and has judged successfully before at other events. IN my opinion all three are competent to judge the respective breeds because all would be good at judging conformation, condition, balance, type and overall soundness.

Now I would ask people to voice no more criticism of Rose until they actually see her judging.

Thanks for your input,

Albertj

Albert I am looking forward to the show, might even bring a dog to show which I have never done before, if Rose is good enough to judge Grahms dog then she is good enough to judge mine:),, bring it on Graham:)

• Like 1

Paul,

Thanks for your input,

Albertj

Albert I am looking forward to the show, might even bring a dog to show which I have never done before, if Rose is good enough to judge Grahms dog then she is good enough to judge mine:),, bring it on Graham:)

I hope you have the dogs booked in for all the beauty treatments,ie nails hair and make up and i hear the false tan will be in this summer as well,now the spray on not that shit in a bottle Alan 626 uses when he's going out.just letting ye know so ye have no excuses :tongue2::laugh: :laugh: :toast: Edited by lurcher330
  • Like 1

Paul,

Thanks for your input,

Albertj

I hope you have the dogs booked in for all the beauty treatments,ie nails hair and make up and i hear the false tan will be in this summer as well,now the spray on not that shit in a bottle Alan 626 uses when he's going out.just letting ye know so ye have no excuses :tongue2::laugh: :laugh: :toast:

Guys this is what shows should be all about - a bit of fun, banter & craic - no matter who is judging or who wins! A chance to meet friends, discuss dogs see how yours gets on against others and always take the best dog home!

AND in these potentialy difficult times for working dogs with perhaps a real storm brewing shows such as this can be a 'showpiece' for working dogs. As Barrie Wade - and he has had massive experience says we should be sticking and working together not constantly bickering.

Yes of course you can bitch about the decisions a judge makes because not everyone can win every time but at least do the judge who has given up a day of their time the courtesy of waiting until you actually see what they actually do.

Albertj

• Like 2

Paul,

Thanks for your input,

Albertj

I hope you have the dogs booked in for all the beauty treatments,ie nails hair and make up and i hear the false tan will be in this summer as well,now the spray on not that shit in a bottle Alan 626 uses when he's going out.just letting ye know so ye have no excuses :tongue2::laugh: :laugh: :toast:

Alan is like the tango man when he goes out, lol,, Graham how do you get ur dogs to stay on the sunbed, Digger wont stay on the bed,lol

Paul,

Thanks for your input,

Albertj

Alan is like the tango man when he goes out, lol,, Graham how do you get ur dogs to stay on the sunbed, Digger wont stay on the bed,lol

I tell if they dont stay they are going to live with Alan or Danny :laugh:
Paul, Your are entitled to your opinion as I trust you believe we are ours. Our fairs attract working dogs, show dogs and racing dogs. We do not have tests for working ability in terriers and lurchers - we have shows and racing. Therefore I consider it is illogical to think that someone who solely claims 'to work their dogs' should regard this as the ONLY qualification for judging a show. One could say ideally the judge should have experience of judging, been successful at shows and works their dogs, In that order NOT the other way round. Only if it was a working test would the working claim have higher priority. We have a mixture of judges at our fairs. At Ballywalter we have two working judges - both experienced judges and who have had success with their dogs at shows and Rose who has had big success over a long period with her dogs both racing and showing and has judged successfully before at other events. IN my opinion all three are competent to judge the respective breeds because all would be good at judging conformation, condition, balance, type and overall soundness. Now I would ask people to voice no more criticism of Rose until they actually see her judging. Thanks for your input, Albertj
if they dont stay they are going to live with Alan or Danny :laugh:
ya can keep them if they wont stay no good to me think alan is your best choice :thumbs:
  • Like 1
Paul, Your are entitled to your opinion as I trust you believe we are ours. Our fairs attract working dogs, show dogs and racing dogs. We do not have tests for working ability in terriers and lurchers - we have shows and racing. Therefore I consider it is illogical to think that someone who solely claims 'to work their dogs' should regard this as the ONLY qualification for judging a show. One could say ideally the judge should have experience of judging, been successful at shows and works their dogs, In that order NOT the other way round. Only if it was a working test would the working claim have higher priority. We have a mixture of judges at our fairs. At Ballywalter we have two working judges - both experienced judges and who have had success with their dogs at shows and Rose who has had big success over a long period with her dogs both racing and showing and has judged successfully before at other events. IN my opinion all three are competent to judge the respective breeds because all would be good at judging conformation, condition, balance, type and overall soundness. Now I would ask people to voice no more criticism of Rose until they actually see her judging. Thanks for your input, Albertj
ya can keep them if they wont stay no good to me think alan is your best choice :thumbs:

but they understand english :laugh:

thats alan out then :laugh:
  • Like 2

i wouldn't do that on them ,it's like when ye threaten the kids,if their not good their going to live in a home,lol

but i wouldn't have the heart to be that cruel :laugh:

• Like 1

i wouldn't do that on them ,it's like when ye threaten the kids,if their not good their going to live in a home,lol

but i wouldn't have the heart to be that cruel :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: did john tell ya he got digger a new shower cap :D